The Best Albums That Didn't Win A Grammy

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

The Best Albums That Didn't Win A Grammy

Post by Sparky »

Stumbled upon an article that lists the 25 best albums that didn't win a Grammy. London Calling made the list at number 6.
I've always liked LC, thought it was a groundbreaking new direction and sound for the band, but I don't know how the Clash would have felt about getting a Grammy at the time.

https://www.yardbarker.com/entertainmen ... 74#slide_7
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: The Best Albums That Didn't Win A Grammy

Post by Wolter »

I feel like no matter how the Clash (and Joe especially) might have felt personally, they would’ve been compelled to act indignant and unimpressed because of their image regardless.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Wolter wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 12:09pm
I feel like no matter how the Clash (and Joe especially) might have felt personally, they would’ve been compelled to act indignant and unimpressed because of their image regardless.
I have to agree, at the LC stage of their career, my thoughts are that it wouldn't have been "punk" or rebellious enough to accept such a mainstream award.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 12:40pm
Wolter wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 12:09pm
I have to agree, at the LC stage of their career, my thoughts are that it wouldn't have been "punk" or rebellious enough to accept such a mainstream award.
Nowadays it would be totally punk.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Considering they refused to play top of the pops, I highly doubt they would attend the biggest awards ceremony in all of music. Perhaps a company representative might show to accept on their behalf. That’s about it though.