Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 5:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 5:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 5:25pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 3:53pm
Thing is this doesn't help. Becuase if you dislike others thinking Assange is guilty when none of us know all the facts then all you are doing is speculating. Which is no different.

I have said previously in this thread that I think Assange is most likely guilty. But I have no more proof than you do of his innocence.
Donald Trump can't be guilty of any of the huge list he's been accused/convicted of—it must be a conspiracy against him by the Deep State!

OJ couldn't have killed his wife and her friend—it must have been a conspiracy by the LAPD!

Jeffrey Epstein couldn't have killed himself—it must have been a conspiracy by Rich Asshole Pedos, Inc!

When a person defaults to a political thriller conspiracy—with no evidence to support it besides feelz—because they don't like the implication of the conventional explanation, they fail Occam's Razor badly.
Doc you sure know some swell people.
I only get the Rich Asshole Pedos Inc newsletter for the crossword puzzle!
Heston gets it for the record reviews.
:lol: Down goes Heston! Down goes Heston! Down goes Heston!
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Re: Julian Assange

Post by Stefano1972 »

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 7:27pm
Evil stuff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 7:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 3:53pm
Thing is this doesn't help. Becuase if you dislike others thinking Assange is guilty when none of us know all the facts then all you are doing is speculating. Which is no different.

I have said previously in this thread that I think Assange is most likely guilty. But I have no more proof than you do of his innocence.
Donald Trump can't be guilty of any of the huge list he's been accused/convicted of—it must be a conspiracy against him by the Deep State!

OJ couldn't have killed his wife and her friend—it must have been a conspiracy by the LAPD!

Jeffrey Epstein couldn't have killed himself—it must have been a conspiracy by Rich Asshole Pedos, Inc!

When a person defaults to a political thriller conspiracy—with no evidence to support it besides feelz—because they don't like the implication of the conventional explanation, they fail Occam's Razor badly.
And the chart positions.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 8:51pm
Silent Majority wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 7:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

And the chart positions.
Shakin Stevens: The Rich Asshole Pedo's Elvis.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 8:06pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
Evil stuff.
And this is exactly what we should be discussing.

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 6:51am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 8:06pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
Evil stuff.
And this is exactly what we should be discussing.
Possibly but in this modern world that video could simply be fabricated. We are being forced fed this stuff on a daily basis. None of us can be sure anymore due to propaganda. For me it's simply no longer about picking sides when both are using the media for their own means.

All we have left as individuals is to make up our own minds. All I know is innocent men, women and children are dying and for what? A god that doesn't exist or some land that none of us are anymore than the lodgers of. It's all pathetic and the human race needs to wise up to all this hatred and greed.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

Stefano1972 wrote:
06 May 2023, 4:26pm
Letter to the so called king Charles …
I hope Julian Assange will be free as soon as possible. When a man is imprisoned for freedom of information , is like is imprisoned the freedom to know of all of us. As Ken Loach said after the arrest of Assange : "I think the work he has done has been a public service. I think we are entitled to know the dealings of those that govern us."

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I think the rape charges against Assange have all been dropped (for timeliness reasons), so it's all the actual WikiLeaks stuff he's being tried for now. Unfortunate he won't see a day in court for the the alleged sexual assaults, but it seems like everything he's being tried for is the circa 2007-2011 leaks, which I think was pretty indisputably protected journalism (in my view, anyways)

Someone correct me if i don't have that right. I honestly lost track of what was going on with Assange when covid hit and had to look up the latest this morning.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 9:51am
I think the rape charges against Assange have all been dropped (for timeliness reasons), so it's all the actual WikiLeaks stuff he's being tried for now. Unfortunate he won't see a day in court for the the alleged sexual assaults, but it seems like everything he's being tried for is the circa 2007-2011 leaks, which I think was pretty indisputably protected journalism (in my view, anyways)

Someone correct me if i don't have that right. I honestly lost track of what was going on with Assange when covid hit and had to look up the latest this morning.
I don’t think anyone here has a meaningful disagreement about the significance of the leaks and their justness. The issue of the rape allegations is that if a person handwaves them away— it doesn’t matter or it’s a sinister plot—then that speaks volumes about their character and their values. To me, at least, it’s not about demanding these figures be saints, but about acknowledging it, not being so dogmatic and tribal to ignore those (sometimes deep) flaws. Whether we’re discussing Martin Luther King or Joe Strummer, we’re not personally responsible for their misdeeds, so why become complicit after the fact by denying their sins? Shrugging off Assange’s possible rape doesn’t say anything about Assange, but it speaks volumes about the person shrugging. And in turn, one’s persuasiveness on issues of justness and morality is severely compromised when they say “big deal” just because it’s one of their guys. A person isn’t speaking from principle when, in practice, you give your side a pass.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 11:17am
Flex wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 9:51am

I don’t think anyone here has a meaningful disagreement about the significance of the leaks and their justness. The issue of the rape allegations is that if a person handwaves them away— it doesn’t matter or it’s a sinister plot—then that speaks volumes about their character and their values. To me, at least, it’s not about demanding these figures be saints, but about acknowledging it, not being so dogmatic and tribal to ignore those (sometimes deep) flaws. Whether we’re discussing Martin Luther King or Joe Strummer, we’re not personally responsible for their misdeeds, so why become complicit after the fact by denying their sins? Shrugging off Assange’s possible rape doesn’t say anything about Assange, but it speaks volumes about the person shrugging. And in turn, one’s persuasiveness on issues of justness and morality is severely compromised when they say “big deal” just because it’s one of their guys. A person isn’t speaking from principle when, in practice, you give your side a pass.
This is how I feel.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

I confess to being a little surprised by the content of many of the comments.
Throughout history, the worst tragedies have occurred when the majority of people blindly believed what they were told.
Reading the definitive condemnations that many of you are already issuing towards Assange, make me think of that saying that history teaches but has few students.
In a state of law a person is guilty only after a final sentence by a court.
If there is a rape conviction against Assange, please publish it. If this condemnation does not exist, your words are worth less than cow excrement.
At least the flowers come out of those...

- Carl Gustav Jung

Flex

Post by Flex »

Stefano1972 wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 12:49pm
Throughout history, the worst tragedies have occurred when the majority of people blindly believed what they were told.
Reading the definitive condemnations that many of you are already issuing towards Assange, make me think of that saying that history teaches but has few students.
If there is a rape conviction against Assange, please publish it. If this condemnation does not exist, your words are worth less than cow excrement.
I can only speak for myself, but I think it's a shame that Julian Assange can't be fairly tried and have his guilt or innocence determined in a court of law re: the rape allegations against him. But it's not material to what he's being tried for now, which is WikiLeaks work - and I think, if I'm reading the court coverage correctly, it's for his work in the time period when WikiLeaks was most indisputably doing protected journalism.

Pex Lives!

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

Stefano1972 wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 12:49pm
Hi Stefano i thank you for the topic about Assange. And i thank you for this nice comment, of course i agree with what you say.
It's a long intersting story the one about Assange....very interesting this extrat from wikipedia : "at the time the arrest warrant against Assange was issued, however, there was no evidence against him other than the word of the two women.[54] Furthermore, according to the Swedish press, the policewoman who collected A's testimony, and A. herself, were very close friends and it was the officer who incited the woman to report her ex-lover after explaining to her that for local justice refusing to use a condom during intercourse constitutes rape"

Flex

Post by Flex »

APACHES67 wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 3:16pm
Hi Stefano i thank you for the topic about Assange. And i thank you for this nice comment, of course i agree with what you say.
It's a long intersting story the one about Assange....very interesting this extrat from wikipedia : "at the time the arrest warrant against Assange was issued, however, there was no evidence against him other than the word of the two women.[54] Furthermore, according to the Swedish press, the policewoman who collected A's testimony, and A. herself, were very close friends and it was the officer who incited the woman to report her ex-lover after explaining to her that for local justice refusing to use a condom during intercourse constitutes rape"
Whats the problem with the bolded?

Pex Lives!