Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Pets.

Post by Sparky »

Our 3 celebrated their 6th BD yesterday with a trip out to our back yard to play in the catnip bush (they're indoor cats).
Attachments
BD Catnip.jpg
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Awwwww, adorable.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 12:09pm
Our 3 celebrated their 6th BD yesterday with a trip out to our back yard to play in the catnip bush (they're indoor cats).
Cats who enjoy each others' company—I'm jealous. :meh:

So do you harvest your own catnip?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 12:44pm
Sparky wrote:

In reality they only enjoy each others company when they're outside or mesmerized looking out the window at some sort of critter in the yard. When they were younger, the slept piled on top of each other, but as they get older, their independence began to show more.
We cut off pieces of catnip and bring them inside for our cats to enjoy, they roll around on it, nipple on it etc..put some inside their toys as well. We planted a small catnip plant with a chicken wire frame around it to prevent the neighborhood cats from decimating it. It's now grown up and through the openings and is going to see, I really need to trim it back soon.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 12:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

In reality they only enjoy each others company when they're outside or mesmerized looking out the window at some sort of critter in the yard. When they were younger, the slept piled on top of each other, but as they get older, their independence began to show more.
Yeah, the girls just hit a moment at around 15 mos or so and decided, nope, you used to be cool, but I need my space. Luke would love to pal around with them, but they ain't into it, so instead he chases. He's basically a 13 year old who does not know how to make girls like him.
We cut off pieces of catnip and bring them inside for our cats to enjoy, they roll around on it, nipple on it etc..put some inside their toys as well. We planted a small catnip plant with a chicken wire frame around it to prevent the neighborhood cats from decimating it. It's now grown up and through the openings and is going to see, I really need to trim it back soon.
I'd really like to try planting some next year, but attracting neighbour cats would just inspire panic and misplaced violence in the house. It's such an attractive idea, tho.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 1:33pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Yeah, the girls just hit a moment at around 15 mos or so and decided, nope, you used to be cool, but I need my space. Luke would love to pal around with them, but they ain't into it, so instead he chases. He's basically a 13 year old who does not know how to make girls like him.
I'd really like to try planting some next year, but attracting neighbour cats would just inspire panic and misplaced violence in the house. It's such an attractive idea, tho.
We've had half a dozen plants over the years, if you decide to plant, try to get a small plant, not seeds, then put some type of chicken wire around it or the neighborhood cats will just destroy it rolling around in it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 2:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 1:33pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

We've had half a dozen plants over the years, if you decide to plant, try to get a small plant, not seeds, then put some type of chicken wire around it or the neighborhood cats will just destroy it rolling around in it.
If I follow thru, I'll keep all this in mind. :cool:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Cat observation: Human beings don't care for your stink after a sweaty workout, but cats find you especially appealing. Luke in particular can't enough of me and my towel.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 10:47am
Cat observation: Human beings don't care for your stink after a sweaty workout, but cats find you especially appealing. Luke in particular can't enough of me and my towel.
What goes on in the sauna between two consenting beings is their business and their business alone.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 10:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
What goes on in the sauna between two consenting beings is their business and their business alone.
:ugeek:

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
We've had many cats over the years and one of our current cats, Max, hisses at me when I return home all sweaty from running or walking. Once I get cleaned up and changed, he's all loving again. Go figure.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 9:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
We've had many cats over the years and one of our current cats, Max, hisses at me when I return home all sweaty from running or walking. Once I get cleaned up and changed, he's all loving again. Go figure.
Huh. Whenever our cats get high and mighty about smells, I remind them that they lick their butt and walk in their poo box, so lose the ascot, Percy.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 10:25am
Sparky wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 9:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Huh. Whenever our cats get high and mighty about smells, I remind them that they lick their butt and walk in their poo box, so lose the ascot, Percy.
So true! Pretty sure my perspiration aroma is more pleasant than cat butt, but I may be bit biased.
Last edited by Sparky on 26 Jul 2021, 11:43am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I'm sorry that we have to do this over Zoom instead of in person, but we're going to have to let you go. I wish you the best going forward."

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dat mouff.