Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 6:50pm
Delta! A bunch of Seattle places are requiring proof of vaccination on entry as of today. We're never going to be out of this.
Given that those who are contracting it are almost exclusively the unvaccinated—and presumably the bulk of those are mouthbreathingly by choice—it clears out some deeply regressive parts of the population. I know that sounds brutal (and I try not to respond to these things so emotionally), but now that we actually have vaccines, my tolerance and sympathy is nil. If people would rather die than let the lib'ruls win, fine, get out of the way.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 7:05pm
Kory wrote:
Delta! A bunch of Seattle places are requiring proof of vaccination on entry as of today. We're never going to be out of this.
Given that those who are contracting it are almost exclusively the unvaccinated—and presumably the bulk of those are mouthbreathingly by choice—it clears out some deeply regressive parts of the population. I know that sounds brutal (and I try not to respond to these things so emotionally), but now that we actually have vaccines, my tolerance and sympathy is nil. If people would rather die than let the lib'ruls win, fine, get out of the way.
Hello,

I agree but there is still the resources those not vaccinated will drain from society during their descent to consider.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 9:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Hello,

I agree but there is still the resources those not vaccinated will drain from society during their descent to consider.
That and the resources they'll drain away as they die.

It'd be impossible to actually enact, but would demand for vaccines go up if those people were now told, no, you can't have it? That is, how much is a kneejerk reaction to the mean old elites? The anti-vax position is fundamentally irrational, so would that kind of lame ploy work?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'm just predicting another lockdown thanks to these idiots, which only helps them survive to extend this reality the next time they're allowed back outside.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 9:27pm
gkbill wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 9:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Hello,

That and the resources they'll drain away as they die.

It'd be impossible to actually enact, but would demand for vaccines go up if those people were now told, no, you can't have it? That is, how much is a kneejerk reaction to the mean old elites? The anti-vax position is fundamentally irrational, so would that kind of lame ploy work?
I'd certainly throw some money on that bet.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

We live in a stupid country.

“I was strongly against getting the vaccine,” Barker said through labored breathing. “Just because we’re a strong conservative family.”

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

This one for the Doc. I know he digs these pulp things.
Attachments
SmartSelect_20210730-105421_Facebook.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 5:59am
Who wouldn't want to share antibodies with her?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'm just predicting another lockdown thanks to these idiots, which only helps them survive to extend this reality the next time they're allowed back outside.
You need to move to Alberta. Things are worsening there, so they've decided the proper course is to end all restrictions. Extermination is a strategy, I'll grant that.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 6:26am
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 5:59am
Who wouldn't want to share antibodies with her?
Um er um er....

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:46am
We live in a stupid country.

“I was strongly against getting the vaccine,” Barker said through labored breathing. “Just because we’re a strong conservative family.”
Yeah its shocking...

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 5:10pm
JennyB wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 4:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 4:21pm
JennyB wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 4:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 3:08pm

Your boy is insanely cool. He'd run this place if he chose to join.
He's too busy making tik tok videos not knowing we know. :shifty:
I had a couple students in my punk seminar who said they were into all that, and then pointedly apologized to me. I mean, I didn't even have time to make a face.
He's actually not on there anymore. I told him he could be on there to watch videos, but couldn't make his own. I made up a fake account to follow him (not my finest parenting moment) and his videos were actually pretty funny and harmless. Then one week, he kept crying before bed each night. I would ask what was wrong, and he would say "I want to tell you, but I can't." So, of course, my mind goes to he's being touched inappropriately or something. We asked if he would write it down and he wrote this one page manifesto about how he was on Tik Tok, but took down all of his videos. I felt so bad for him - he's such a rule follower (I have NO idea where that came from) and he felt so guilty for doing something that wasn't really bad. It made him so stressed that he was crying each night.
:sad: He really is an awesome kid, tho, from everything you've shared in the past. And I say that as someone generally dubious about kids.
Thank you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 6:36pm
JennyB wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 4:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 4:21pm
JennyB wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 4:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 3:08pm

Your boy is insanely cool. He'd run this place if he chose to join.
He's too busy making tik tok videos not knowing we know. :shifty:
I had a couple students in my punk seminar who said they were into all that, and then pointedly apologized to me. I mean, I didn't even have time to make a face.
He's actually not on there anymore. I told him he could be on there to watch videos, but couldn't make his own. I made up a fake account to follow him (not my finest parenting moment) and his videos were actually pretty funny and harmless. Then one week, he kept crying before bed each night. I would ask what was wrong, and he would say "I want to tell you, but I can't." So, of course, my mind goes to he's being touched inappropriately or something. We asked if he would write it down and he wrote this one page manifesto about how he was on Tik Tok, but took down all of his videos. I felt so bad for him - he's such a rule follower (I have NO idea where that came from) and he felt so guilty for doing something that wasn't really bad. It made him so stressed that he was crying each night.
As hard as this may be for him to accept, you're being a good parent. We found out our daughter had a Facebook account when she was about 14 and we had here delete it. Didn't want some 60+ year old perv pretending to be a teenage girl trying to "friend" her.
I don't blame you one bit.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I'm hearing about more and more breakthrough cases. I don't think they are getting too sick, but still feel like crap. I know I will be first in line when they approve the booster.
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 9:26am
I'm hearing about more and more breakthrough cases. I don't think they are getting too sick, but still feel like crap. I know I will be first in line when they approve the booster.
It sounds to me like getting a breakthrough case is like getting the flu - it's not fun, but you'll likely recover without any issues. I'll be second in line when they approve the booster. It still blows my mind that there are people who won't get vaccinated.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble