Just saw Chris Knowles...

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
26 May 2017, 12:25pm
Taking delight in browbeating teenagers off a messageboard is a bit unseemly.

I've long since fallen out of touch with him, but Sals was pretty affected by his treatment here.
Delight is a serious mischaracterization. It also overlooks his own behaviour and resistance to considering opposing viewpoints or criticism. Everyone gets called out here sooner or later for one thing over another, almost always with justification, whether over an intellectual disagreement or, more broadly, etiquette. What one chooses to do with that feedback is on them.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9614
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Inder »

I disagree on a few points, but yes — Heston is irredeemable.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston is the abyss that looks back at you.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Wolter »

To be fair, my only major interaction with him was him insulting me?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18998
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2017, 1:27pm
Inder wrote:
26 May 2017, 12:25pm
Taking delight in browbeating teenagers off a messageboard is a bit unseemly.

I've long since fallen out of touch with him, but Sals was pretty affected by his treatment here.
Delight is a serious mischaracterization. It also overlooks his own behaviour and resistance to considering opposing viewpoints or criticism. Everyone gets called out here sooner or later for one thing over another, almost always with justification, whether over an intellectual disagreement or, more broadly, etiquette. What one chooses to do with that feedback is on them.
Or for their hometown's best fans in baseball!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10339
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I remember Chris setting me straight on the connections between Whitey Bulger, the IRA, The Clash, Basque separatists, Libyan training camps, and the Lindbergh baby.
Image

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23377
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by eumaas »

I was pretty nice to Sals. I was just making a joke, man.
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12214
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Kory »

He has some connection in my mind to another username, "magnificentdance." Didn't they join forces once in a while, or is it just that they joined around the same time?
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:20pm
He has some connection in my mind to another username, "magnificentdance." Didn't they join forces once in a while, or is it just that they joined around the same time?
The "better in pleather" guy! Wasn't he a musician?
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12214
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:34pm
Kory wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:20pm
He has some connection in my mind to another username, "magnificentdance." Didn't they join forces once in a while, or is it just that they joined around the same time?
The "better in pleather" guy! Wasn't he a musician?
I remember very little about that time—it was before my second run at college, so all info before that time was pushed out of my head.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21553
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:34pm
Kory wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:20pm
He has some connection in my mind to another username, "magnificentdance." Didn't they join forces once in a while, or is it just that they joined around the same time?
The "better in pleather" guy! Wasn't he a musician?
I think they were just on line mates they were the same age'ish. I think Mag Dance was in a band yes.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53417
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Wolter »

101Walterton wrote:
30 May 2017, 10:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:34pm
Kory wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:20pm
He has some connection in my mind to another username, "magnificentdance." Didn't they join forces once in a while, or is it just that they joined around the same time?
The "better in pleather" guy! Wasn't he a musician?
I think they were just on line mates they were the same age'ish. I think Mag Dance was in a band yes.
I think he was a drummer. I remember him being a fan of Don Caballero and some other math rock bands.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21553
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
30 May 2017, 11:10pm
101Walterton wrote:
30 May 2017, 10:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:34pm
Kory wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:20pm
He has some connection in my mind to another username, "magnificentdance." Didn't they join forces once in a while, or is it just that they joined around the same time?
The "better in pleather" guy! Wasn't he a musician?
I think they were just on line mates they were the same age'ish. I think Mag Dance was in a band yes.
I think he was a drummer. I remember him being a fan of Don Caballero and some other math rock bands.
I thought he was a drummer but thought I was getting confused with Hoy.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15431
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Rat Patrol »

eumaas wrote:
26 May 2017, 9:13am
there was only room for one annoying kid on this board and meatkid couldn't cut it.
That mold was broken when Clashy made America great again. :shifty:

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12214
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
30 May 2017, 11:10pm
101Walterton wrote:
30 May 2017, 10:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:34pm
Kory wrote:
30 May 2017, 5:20pm
He has some connection in my mind to another username, "magnificentdance." Didn't they join forces once in a while, or is it just that they joined around the same time?
The "better in pleather" guy! Wasn't he a musician?
I think they were just on line mates they were the same age'ish. I think Mag Dance was in a band yes.
I think he was a drummer. I remember him being a fan of Don Caballero and some other math rock bands.
Shit, I haven't thought about them in 13 years.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Post Reply