Anyone want a free absurdist prank call CD?

Music/video/real estate bartering area.
Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Anyone want a free absurdist prank call CD?

Post by Still216 »

OK, I just got Longmont Potion Castle's CD box set in the mail, and as a result I now have an extra copy of the LPC 6 CD. First person to PM me worldwide gets the CD...

Here's a snippet of a review from markprindle.com

Although he starts a bit slow with some basic confused anger and an 8-minute call with little payoff, LPC on the third track hits pay dirt gold in a major way, and continues to hit it time and time again before ending with track 23's high-speed metal solo interlude. He is an extremely funny and quick-witted man who has added a few new "weapons" to his "arsenal" this time out. The first and most important weapon is this bald guy right here:

This man appears on at least five different tracks ("Moisturization," "Citation," "Sandyman," "Can O' B.S." and "Yucatan Suckerman") and is one of the most gullible, quickest-to-anger and slowest-to-hang-up marks that LPC has ever found. His inability to realize that he is being pranked is astonishing, and the lengthy, side-splitting "Moisturization" call deserves a place alongside "Mark Knopfler" and "The Tube Bar" as one of the ultimate classics of the prank call genre. Here is a quick summary of its events: LPC calls up a bartender and says he and his band have been referred to that bar for moisturization. The bartender explains that they only hire Latin bands. LPC is disheartened and tells the bartender that he'll have to issue the band a $175 refund. The bartender is confused. LPC explains that the bartender can pay them via PayPal, but he also has to cover the 7% fee that PayPal takes out. The bartender gets angry and refuses to pay. LPC makes a kind gesture, offering to cover the PayPal fee himself. The bartender remains angry and refuses to pay. LPC says the bartender can just cut him a check. The bartender gets angrier and angrier. LPC remains calm and continues to request a $175 refund, throwing the word "moisturization" in as often as possible. The bartender CANNOT FIGURE OUT THAT HE IS BEING PRANKED. Ditto for "Can O' B.S.," in which he gets into an angry argument with a cassette tape. Ditto for "Yucatan Suckerman," in which he steadfastly refuses to help move some piglets for charity. Ditto for "Sandyman," in which he maintains his composure as LPC continuously shouts "You lookin' to get slapped?" while attempting to place a take-out order for beer. This man is pure comedy silver.

Other weapons include new concept ideas. Moving on from the old "UPS guy" stand-by, LPC this time pretends to be such entertaining figures as a citation-happy policeman, an annoyed neighbor, a long-distance telemarketer, a charity representative, a member of various unknown rock bands ("I play the maraca"), and - thanks to a bizarre television segment captured live on tape - a single mother who needs medical marijuana to control her (hilarious) stutter.

Furthermore, he includes snippets that you would never hear on a Jerky Boys or Crank Yankers CD, including a montage of disgusting medical LPs, a tense telephone conversation with an acquaintance, some playful banter with a local morning show, and even snippets of what most prank callers would consider to be 'failed calls!' Listen closely during "Telechoice" as one woman complains about her mother-in-law and another expresses regret that she can't call her husband when he's at work because it's considered long-distance. He called these women to prank them, but somehow fell into their confidence to the degree that he simply CAN'T suddenly turn into an asshole mid-call! These bits may not be funny, but they're intriguing in a 'human interest' way, and their inclusion between all the successful prank calls at least suggests that LPC does possess a moral center somewhere.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Re: Anyone want a free absurdist prank call CD?

Post by Still216 »

Well, that was quick...we have a winner!
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Still216 wrote:Well, that was quick...we have a winner!
It was Flex, right?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was Flex, right?
Well, we have another winner!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was Flex, right?
:shifty:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was Flex, right?
I know my boy … :D
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was Flex, right?
I KNEW if we waited long enough we could get you to admit paternity! Now get your checkbook* out, Dr. Deadbeat Dad.

*Or chequebook, as I'm sure you spell it, you Francophonic bastard.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was Flex, right?
I KNEW if we waited long enough we could get you to admit paternity! Now get your checkbook* out, Dr. Deadbeat Dad.
God, I am old enough to be his dad. Assuming my teenage years were a lot less purely fantasy-driven than they actually were.
*Or chequebook, as I'm sure you spell it, you Francophonic bastard.
I belong to a mosaic, not a melting pot. :shifty:

Flex

Post by Flex »

This shit is fucking amazing.

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Seriously, once you get into it you really appreciate how totally surreal this is. It's not like normal bullshit crank caller stuff. This is art, man.

Thanks again Greg!

Pex Lives!

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Flex wrote:Seriously, once you get into it you really appreciate how totally surreal this is. It's not like normal bullshit crank caller stuff. This is art, man.

Thanks again Greg!
No problem Flex...always happy to spread the gospel of LPC.