The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 12:12pm
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-s ... 0c7e05f457

Writing is on the wall …
I think if it was just the biographical lies he'd have gotten away with it, but the federal crimes start getting to be a bit much.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Writing is on the wall …
Lies all lies I tell ya.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 12:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Writing is on the wall …
I think if it was just the biographical lies he'd have gotten away with it, but the federal crimes start getting to be a bit much.
Yup, that’s exactly it. It’s getting into Nixon resignation mode, where he knew he was going to go down, so you start figuring out how to cut a deal.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 1:56pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Writing is on the wall …
Yup, that’s exactly it. It’s getting into Nixon resignation mode, where he knew he was going to go down, so you start figuring out how to cut a deal.
He's like Richard Nixon and Abe Simpson rolled into one.

"I am not a crook. I may be a fraud, a con man, a crook, but I am NOT a drag queen!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

msza2 wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 4:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Writing is on the wall …

"I am not a crook. I may be a fraud, a con man, a crook, but I am NOT a drag queen!"
:lol:

(Has Santos identified himself as a Stonecutter or a No Homers member yet?)

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 4:51pm
msza2 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Writing is on the wall …

I think he said he's Stonecutter-ish.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

msza2 wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 5:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 4:51pm
msza2 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

I think he said he's Stonecutter-ish.
Damn, you're rolling!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Writing is on the wall …
Hmm, pathological liar "says" he's off of committees, I guess we'll have to wait and see if he's turned over a new leaf and is telling the truth.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 6:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Writing is on the wall …
Hmm, pathological liar "says" he's off of committees, I guess we'll have to wait and see if he's turned over a new leaf and is telling the truth.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

This is...something. :twitch:

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 10:31pm

Kimmel loses any credibility (to the degree that he had any) to be a critic of politics by validating these assholes in any way. Putting them on the air to interview them, even in a mocking way, does normalize them.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 7:25am
Kimmelweck wrote:

Kimmel loses any credibility (to the degree that he had any) to be a critic of politics by validating these assholes in any way. Putting them on the air to interview them, even in a mocking way, does normalize them.
Agreed it provides legitimacy that he doesn't deserve. No doubt some people watched that and soon found themselves descending into a rabbit hole of conspiratorial nonsense and came out as believers. It like a version of that asshole messing up Trump's hair on his talk show. The host got played.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 8:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 7:25am
Kimmelweck wrote:

Agreed it provides legitimacy that he doesn't deserve. No doubt some people watched that and soon found themselves descending into a rabbit hole of conspiratorial nonsense and came out as believers. It like a version of that asshole messing up Trump's hair on his talk show. The host got played.
Lindell knew he was going to be laughed at but didn't care. The point is staying in the conversation. If you've got a forum, you're in the game. But that's the profit motive at work. Kimmel et al don't give a fuck about validating these people, only the ratings.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Yeah, making these shitheads seem harmless and funny is not a great thing. They know the value of appearing on a platform and being enticing to a few deranged weirdos and come off as harmless to everyone else.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!