12 Sep 2022, 8:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 8:00pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 7:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 6:53pm
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mark-dav ... 746be26a37

Mark David Chapman denied parole again. The idea that he, or Sirhan Sirhan, or any of the Manson family still pose a danger to society is absurd. They're old. They aren't the same person they were when consumed by the madness that caused them to do such horrible things. 40+ years is more than paying one's debt to society. The celebrity surrounding their crimes shouldn't be held against them, but that's exactly what it is.
Is there more to this though than just being humane. Like some other nut job who is a Beatles/Lennon fan tracking him down and getting revenge?
There's a non-zero percent possibility there, but the guy did apply for parole, so he's assuming the risks.
Sure but that risk isn't solely to himself. Depending on where he gets located and those who are close by. I've no idea as to what consideration is given to the safety of others when ex offenders are released.
It's an easy and flip answer, but it's America: Residency in the US assumes the distinct possibility of getting hurt or killed. Better for someone to get shot than something something freedom.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 8:20pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Mark David Chapman denied parole again. The idea that he, or Sirhan Sirhan, or any of the Manson family still pose a danger to society is absurd. They're old. They aren't the same person they were when consumed by the madness that caused them to do such horrible things. 40+ years is more than paying one's debt to society. The celebrity surrounding their crimes shouldn't be held against them, but that's exactly what it is.
Is there more to this though than just being humane. Like some other nut job who is a Beatles/Lennon fan tracking him down and getting revenge?
There's a non-zero percent possibility there, but the guy did apply for parole, so he's assuming the risks.
Sure but that risk isn't solely to himself. Depending on where he gets located and those who are close by. I've no idea as to what consideration is given to the safety of others when ex offenders are released.
It's an easy and flip answer, but it's America: Residency in the US assumes the distinct possibility of getting hurt or killed. Better for someone to get shot than something something freedom.
The average kid in school probably has a higher chance of being shot than MDC.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Marky Dread wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 7:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He only shot the third most talented Beatle.
So who is the 4th?
Paul

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 8:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

So who is the 4th?
Paul
*Inder spits on his hands and grabs his ban hammer*

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 8:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

So who is the 4th?
Paul
Truth, also the most annoying.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 8:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hello,

This is probably viewed as more punitive measures to discourage future perps.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Sad but true.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 4:05am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Sad but true.
Yeah I was being quite serious. For MDC you would need an equally deranged fan wanting to hunt him down and I doubt there's many such people around.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 7:08am
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 4:05am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Sad but true.
Yeah I was being quite serious. For MDC you would need an equally deranged fan wanting to hunt him down and I doubt there's many such people around.
In this world? I don't agree mate. There's loads of nutters out there.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/26/usa.arts

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Why are the Beatles so much better than the Stones? Try as I might (and I have tried), I just can't get into more than a couple of songs by the latter.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 3:14pm
Why are the Beatles so much better than the Stones? Try as I might (and I have tried), I just can't get into more than a couple of songs by the latter.
Megadittos, Rush. The Stones were a perfectly fine band, but I simply can't fathom why they been so elevated over so many of their peers.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Murder is a crime.
MDC should have been put to death decades ago.
Him even having a SNIFF of being released, is absurd.
You kill someone, premeditated and not in "self-defense", you give up your basic human rights, you should also have to give up your life.
Compassion is one thing. Letting ANY murderer (as mentioned above) get any semblance of "normal life" is ridiculous. It's not fair? HE KILLED SOMEONE. How fair is it to the victim? For a killer to be free while the victim is still dead? Come on. Has nothing to do with who was killed.

The fact it was a Beatle, he should be executed and have the execution broadcast live on EVERY channel and streamed on EVERY platform. FanDuel can post the odds of how long he breathes until death, how many times he screams "I'm sorry!" before they hit the switch, they can really make an event out of it. That is just my opinion.

The local rock station today played Tomorrow Never Knows while I was eating dinner. The feedback spot is spine-tingling. Made the food taste better :shifty:
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Had a good listen to the Revolver deluxe tonight and it's great. I always had an avid dislike of those old hard-panned stereo mixes, and used to pray for releases like this. Paperback Writer also sounds amazing with a real stereo mix. Compare it with the old version and the difference is unreal. One minor gripe, the lead vocal sounds too loud on Eleanor Rigby.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 3:40pm
Had a good listen to the Revolver deluxe tonight and it's great. I always had an avid dislike of those old hard-panned stereo mixes, and used to pray for releases like this. Paperback Writer also sounds amazing with a real stereo mix. Compare it with the old version and the difference is unreal. One minor gripe, the lead vocal sounds too loud on Eleanor Rigby.
I haven't been as wowed by this effort as the previous ones, but whatever, it's still the goddamned Beatles. When I do my Beatles lecture, I always ask how many love the Beatles and how many hate them. And then quiz the haters. And end the quiz with joking (but not really), "You're all wrong. The Beatles were great and continue to deserve all the hype."

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 3:53pm
Heston wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 3:40pm
I haven't been as wowed by this effort as the previous ones, but whatever, it's still the goddamned Beatles. When I do my Beatles lecture, I always ask how many love the Beatles and how many hate them. And then quiz the haters. And end the quiz with joking (but not really), "You're all wrong. The Beatles were great and continue to deserve all the hype."
My 16 year old daughter hates them. From what I can gather it's a dislike of their monolithic status.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board