movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: movies

Post by matedog »

Seriously, what the hell appeal did this have to a six year old in 1990?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:02pm
That stuff is delightfully insane. That it makes gritty obsessives ridiculously angry makes it all the better.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Also, I see i've already commented on the smokeshow Jill St. John from that clip: viewtopic.php?p=466398#p466398

Dove into her wikpedia and she had an amazing dating history: (just a few from what was listed) Michael Caine, Sean Connery, Ahmet Ertegun, Robert Evans, David Frost, Henry Kissinger, Sidney Korshak, Sandy Koufax, George Lazenby, Trini López, Jack Nicholson, Roman Polanski, Tom Selleck, Frank Sinatra, Robert Vaughn, and Adam West.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Watched Clown (2014) and found it way, way better than I expected. I think both tep and hoy had nice things to say about it.. definitely doesn't shy away from the murderous clown cannibalizing children stuff, so the film is probably a bit of an acquired taste.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 12:19am
Watched Clown (2014) and found it way, way better than I expected. I think both tep and hoy had nice things to say about it.. definitely doesn't shy away from the murderous clown cannibalizing children stuff, so the film is probably a bit of an acquired taste.
I should watch it again, i barely remember it
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:12pm
matedog wrote:
That stuff is delightfully insane. That it makes gritty obsessives ridiculously angry makes it all the better.
The Clash reference at the end was nice ...

The Clash
The Clash
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 12:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.39.10 AM.png
Ha! That's great. That's worth of use on a bootleg's sleeve.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 12:54pm
Spiff wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 12:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.39.10 AM.png
Ha! That's great. That's worth of use on a bootleg's sleeve.
Ahem. Close enough.
Attachments
clashinhamburg_lp_950.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog

Post by matedog »

matedog wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:22pm
Also, I see i've already commented on the smokeshow Jill St. John from that clip: viewtopic.php?p=466398#p466398

Dove into her wikpedia and she had an amazing dating history: (just a few from what was listed) Michael Caine, Sean Connery, Ahmet Ertegun, Robert Evans, David Frost, Henry Kissinger, Sidney Korshak, Sandy Koufax, George Lazenby, Trini López, Jack Nicholson, Roman Polanski, Tom Selleck, Frank Sinatra, Robert Vaughn, and Adam West.
Side note- I looked up nude pics of Jill St John, you know for science, and was surprised to find a lot of fake nudes of her. I guess I didn’t expect a not major actress from fifty years ago to get the fake nudes treatment.

matedog

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 8:24pm
Flex wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 12:19am
I should watch it again, i barely remember it
Me too. I watched it in 2017 too apparently. I’m fading fast like Heston.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 5:40pm
matedog wrote:

Side note- I looked up nude pics of Jill St John, you know for science, and was surprised to find a lot of fake nudes of her. I guess I didn’t expect a not major actress from fifty years ago to get the fake nudes treatment.
I may regret asking this, but how do you know they ae fake?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
I have the great dvd set that came out a few years ago. I only watched about half of it, but only a couple years prior I saw the enrtire run on METV or one of those cable channels. The Jill St John ep was the first, and her character died, I don;t think they went that dark againthe entore series.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 6:02pm
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:

They are far more trashy then the real ones and the backgrounds look modern and stuff.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 11:36am
JennyB wrote:
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:

They are far more trashy then the real ones and the backgrounds look modern and stuff.
In your heart, if not your closet, you have a Federal Bikini Inspector shirt.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 12:02pm
matedog wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 11:36am
JennyB wrote:
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:

In your heart, if not your closet, you have a Federal Bikini Inspector shirt.
I'm a 90s kid. Dial up fake nude pics of Sarah Michelle Geller and Jennifer Love Hewitt are what we grew up with.