The Trump observations thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 9:17am

If ever crab juice were a required option …

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 9:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 9:17am

If ever crab juice were a required option …

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In their heart of hearts, Lou Dobbs and the rest of the shills at Fox News wish they could have worked in the propaganda divisions of Hitler's and Stalin's governments. Oh what they could have accomplished there!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 10:38am
In their heart of hearts, Lou Dobbs and the rest of the shills at Fox News wish they could have worked in the propaganda divisions of Hitler's and Stalin's governments. Oh what they could have accomplished there!
As would Joseph Goebbels have wish for such a far reaching tool like Fox News.

I've made it clear that I am not a pacifist. People like Lou Dobbs should be dragged from their homes and shot for what they have done.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

So now that Trump is a "war time " president how do things go from here?

Natuonal emergency, shelter in place quarantines, suspend or postpone elections or elections not recognized if people stay home out of fear of this Chinese Virus"?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 12:09pm
So now that Trump is a "war time " president how do things go from here?

Natuonal emergency, shelter in place quarantines, suspend or postpone elections or elections not recognized if people stay home out of fear of this Chinese Virus"?
It's really hard to see where things will go. I believe this will have a far greater impact that 9/11.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Just on a family Zoom meet. Fuck my one cousin is such a Trumper. I know a lot of my extended family are but fuck me it aint like they're rich at least then I would get it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 9:01pm
Just on a family Zoom meet. Fuck my one cousin is such a Trumper. I know a lot of my extended family are but fuck me it aint like they're rich at least then I would get it.
He's a poor man's idea of a rich man.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 6:31am
revbob wrote:
Well put. I've also always kind of thought some people aspire to be rich assholes and that's why they so revere rich assholes even when there's 0 chance it would ever happen so in lieu of that they are just assholes.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 7:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Well put. I've also always kind of thought some people aspire to be rich assholes and that's why they so revere rich assholes even when there's 0 chance it would ever happen so in lieu of that they are just assholes.
That mentality of fantasizing how you'd fuck over all the people you hate if you had the money. Which is why Trump appeals. Sure, materially he makes your life worse, but he pisses off the people you hate, so he's gotta be on your side!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I like the description of most American Republican voters being "temporarily embarrassed millionaires." The American Dream™ has so brainwashed everyone that they think there's every chance they will one day be super rich, and wouldn't it be great if all the tax cuts and privileges were already in place when they achieved that? Gotta get a Republican in office to get that in place for them.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 12:44pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I like the description of most American Republican voters being "temporarily embarrassed millionaires." The American Dream™ has so brainwashed everyone that they think there's every chance they will one day be super rich, and wouldn't it be great if all the tax cuts and privileges were already in place when they achieved that? Gotta get a Republican in office to get that in place for them.
From Tom Frank's What's the Matter With Kansas?:
For decades Americans have experienced a populist uprising that only benefits the people it is supposed to be targeting. In Kansas we merely see an extreme version of this mysterious situation. The angry workers, mighty in their numbers, are marching irresistibly against the arrogant. They are shaking their fists at the sons of privilege. They are laughing at the dainty affectations of the Leawood toffs. They are massing at the gates of Mission Hills, hoisting the black flag, and while the millionaires tremble in their mansions, they are bellowing out their terrifying demands. “We are here,” they scream, “to cut your taxes.”