Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 6:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 6:01pm
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 5:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 5:00pm
revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 3:04pm

Yeah kind ... just don't get a Confederate flag nor Dont Tread on Me to go with it.
Plus there's the unreal expectation that you'll always have a pocket-sized copy of the Constitution with you and that you'll whip it out to prove why you don't have to pay for parking, order off the menu, or believe that women are human beings. It's a serious responsibility.
If it was just the one tattoo with obscurely racist connotations, I'd be happy to wave it away. But I got a giant Celtic cross on my arm when I was 18 and I later learnt that it's a bit of a Nazi symbol too.
Really? I had no idea.
I told you guys I work for a hair transplant clinic.
Don't you think I'd want to know about that? You could help me be youthful and in need of a barber from time to time!
My boss, a doctor, consults with people and suggests to them a "master plan" and a "final solution". He's jewish, by the way.
Is he completely unaware or does he think it funny? Still: Too much lebensraum on your scalp? We'll help you deal with your kampf and regrow that black forest!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 6:12pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Plus there's the unreal expectation that you'll always have a pocket-sized copy of the Constitution with you and that you'll whip it out to prove why you don't have to pay for parking, order off the menu, or believe that women are human beings. It's a serious responsibility.
If it was just the one tattoo with obscurely racist connotations, I'd be happy to wave it away. But I got a giant Celtic cross on my arm when I was 18 and I later learnt that it's a bit of a Nazi symbol too.
Really? I had no idea.
Don't you think I'd want to know about that? You could help me be youthful and in need of a barber from time to time!
My boss, a doctor, consults with people and suggests to them a "master plan" and a "final solution". He's jewish, by the way.
Is he completely unaware or does he think it funny? Still: Too much lebensraum on your scalp? We'll help you deal with your kampf and regrow that black forest!
I told him, he says "no one thinks that"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 6:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Really? I had no idea.
Wow. Just … wow.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 6:29pm
tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 6:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Really? I had no idea.
Wow. Just … wow.
Yikes.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 12:22pm
I'm considering getting a tattoo with the defiant, self-affirming phrase "I will not be reconstructed" in Shane MacGowan's handwriting. Thinking on it, does the aftermath of the War of Northern Aggression lend a racist tint to the sentiment?
Yeah kind ... just don't get a Confederate flag nor Dont Tread on Me to go with it.
Yeah that an nordic stuff, runes and what not. Fucking assholes.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 12:37am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I'm considering getting a tattoo with the defiant, self-affirming phrase "I will not be reconstructed" in Shane MacGowan's handwriting. Thinking on it, does the aftermath of the War of Northern Aggression lend a racist tint to the sentiment?
Yeah that an nordic stuff, runes and what not. Fucking assholes.
The Nazis didn’t mind stealing a few symbols amongst other things.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I don’t think many people would associate it with Nazism before Celtic?
I often see swastikas on the wall outside Indian families homes and I think good on them for taking it back. Not sure what all the neighbours think though 😳

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 1:27am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I don’t think many people would associate it with Nazism before Celtic?
Very true, but it added to a phrase refusing reconstruction? I'll probably still get the latter, but wanted to feel out how big the connection would be beforehand.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

That there's a new TV series about Terry Pratchett's Watch that's hardcore wandered away from the actual story and I don't care in the slightest is reassuring. Think I've achieved a zen state where I have no investment in what's done to any existing media at all.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Wedding booked today for this October, can't wait!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BitterTom wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 4:40pm
Congrats! What date in October? My anniversary is Oct. 16th. Good month!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

BitterTom wrote:
Congratulations, pal.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BitterTom wrote:
Congrats! What will be the song for your first dance?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BitterTom wrote:
Congratulations!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 5:11pm
BitterTom wrote:
Congrats! What will be the song for your first dance?
Two Hearts.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/