So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Spiff »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 2:34pm
Spiff wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 1:27pm
The funniest thing he said was before playing "World In Motion" (which I thought I'd never hear played live) when he said he didn't care what the crowd might think about the song, he was going to play it because "I think it's a fucking brilliant song."
Oh god, he's also got brain rickets over that song. It'd be as if Joe never shut up about "Dictator."
Or me about "Hitsville U.K."
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 2:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 2:34pm
Spiff wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 1:27pm
The funniest thing he said was before playing "World In Motion" (which I thought I'd never hear played live) when he said he didn't care what the crowd might think about the song, he was going to play it because "I think it's a fucking brilliant song."
Oh god, he's also got brain rickets over that song. It'd be as if Joe never shut up about "Dictator."
Or me about "Hitsville U.K."
Yeah, well, I've always suspected you're actually Ellen Foley, so there's that. :shifty:
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Just saw Bikini Kill is coming to town in May. Im pretty excited.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 7:55pm
Whoa. I didn't know they were actually touring. Kathleen Hanna deserves to be in the pantheon of punk gods. She's also one of the few who doesn't come with asterisks (e.g., Lydon's because a conservative/monarchist apologist; Biafra's always been a paranoid weirdo). The worst I can say about her is that she was a Hillary supporter.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 8:32pm
revbob wrote:
Whoa. I didn't know they were actually touring. Kathleen Hanna deserves to be in the pantheon of punk gods. She's also one of the few who doesn't come with asterisks (e.g., Lydon's because a conservative/monarchist apologist; Biafra's always been a paranoid weirdo). The worst I can say about her is that she was a Hillary supporter.
Im cool with his weirdness. The guy did have his home raided by the police that will make you paranoid. Also rather than becoming a conservative old guy he's still pretty solid. I dont weigh other people's past "crimes" so much if they have managed to advance and grow as a person. I just hate to see the regression of people like Lydon for instance.

But yeah back to Bikini Kill, Id heard they were doing a few shows. Didn't think it would result in a full tour. Im pretty excited. Then I realized I dont think I know anyone else in the area who will be excited. I know there will be, I just dont know em

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 8:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Im cool with his weirdness. The guy did have his home raided by the police that will make you paranoid. Also rather than becoming a conservative old guy he's still pretty solid. I dont weigh other people's past "crimes" so much if they have managed to advance and grow as a person. I just hate to see the regression of people like Lydon for instance.
Of course, don't get me wrong, Biafra is still an inspirational figure who's gonna go down fighting on the right side of pretty much all the important issues. Only that there's a flaky factor in him that I have to ignore. Not that I expect people to be perfect—it's about minimizing the stuff that causes doubt.
But yeah back to Bikini Kill, Id heard they were doing a few shows. Didn't think it would result in a full tour. Im pretty excited. Then I realized I dont think I know anyone else in the area who will be excited. I know there will be, I just dont know em
It's satisfying that MeToo has broken as a mainstream phenomenon, validating what riot grrrl was arguing almost thirty years ago. They weren't just venting or yammering ideology, but planting seeds. There's an argument to be made that of all the various punk scenes that have come and gone, riot grrrl were the most consequential for mainstream politics and attitudes.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 9:24pm
revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 8:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Of course, don't get me wrong, Biafra is still an inspirational figure who's gonna go down fighting on the right side of pretty much all the important issues. Only that there's a flaky factor in him that I have to ignore. Not that I expect people to be perfect—it's about minimizing the stuff that causes doubt.
It's satisfying that MeToo has broken as a mainstream phenomenon, validating what riot grrrl was arguing almost thirty years ago. They weren't just venting or yammering ideology, but planting seeds. There's an argument to be made that of all the various punk scenes that have come and gone, riot grrrl were the most consequential for mainstream politics and attitudes.
Yeah Id tend to agree with this.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Noel Gallagher tonight. Some great songs on his last album plus the best of Oasis without Liam brilliant.
U2 after that.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Got My Bikini Kill tickets today.
Now we wait

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Someone's offering me a free ticket to see Tool and Killing Joke. Sadly, it's not 1996.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

IkarisOne wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 9:03pm
Someone's offering me a free ticket to see Tool and Killing Joke. Sadly, it's not 1996.
Sadly, indeed. Good year for pop music.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Had to leave before the end after Bono disappeared up his own arse. First hour an a half was great the food army hits, Joshua Tree in full, but should have stopped after a cracking Rattle and Hum.
Much like their career.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

101Walterton wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 6:29am
Had to leave before the end after Bono disappeared up his own arse. First hour an a half was great the food army hits, Joshua Tree in full, but should have stopped after a cracking Rattle and Hum.
Much like their career.

I hate to be that guy but I watched Bono disappear up his own arse on the War tour. The Edge kept me hanging around until Bono's bullshit became intolerable.
Last edited by IkarisOne on 09 Nov 2019, 2:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

IkarisOne wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 1:09pm
101Walterton wrote:
Much like their career.

I had to be that guy but I watched Bono disappear up his own arse on the War tour. The Edge kept me hanging around until Bono's bullshit became intolerable.
I was gonna say he took his head out of his to begin with?

Boring mediocrity pretty well describes that band, certainly for the past 30 years, never cared for them before that either but hey Im hard to please.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

101Walterton wrote:
Much like their career.

Double post- I'll just mention what a scumbag tax pirate Bono is and how his One Foundation is basically a sex trafficking scam.