movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: movies

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:41pm
JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 11:58am
JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 11:31am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 11:23am

I understand entirely. I used to occasionally be a cunt to people when I found out they like Elton John, Midwestern pizza or Dane Cook. I keep my mouth shut now. If something makes someone happy then they should be happy.
I'm now the same way. I've become internet friendly with some fellow listeners of Sirius XM Volume, and a lot of them have, shall we say, interesting taste in music. But I've been nice and not snobby about it! I don't know what's gotten into me.
Being an asshole requires a young person's energy.
I think you're right. I just don't have the wherewithal to go into why Tesla sucks.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/tesla-dri ... ng-60-mph/
I saw that! I was talking about the band, but Musk sucks too.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 9:33pm

My mid-life crisis is about letting go some kneejerk cynicism. Kinder and gentler as I slide into my dotage. :ugeek:
I understand entirely. I used to occasionally be a cunt to people when I found out they like Elton John, Midwestern pizza or Dane Cook. I keep my mouth shut now. If something makes someone happy then they should be happy.
I'm now the same way. I've become internet friendly with some fellow listeners of Sirius XM Volume, and a lot of them have, shall we say, interesting taste in music. But I've been nice and not snobby about it! I don't know what's gotten into me.
Just let it morph into curmudgeonly contempt.
I'm skipping that step and just going to resigned irrelevance.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:44pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I think you're right. I just don't have the wherewithal to go into why Tesla sucks.
I went to the Comedy Store in LA and was dismayed to find that Rogan was the biggest name on the bill of 16. He spent the whole time talking about reclaiming the word "retarded" and then wouldn't shut up about how he's friends with Musk.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 1:06pm
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I went to the Comedy Store in LA and was dismayed to find that Rogan was the biggest name on the bill of 16. He spent the whole time talking about reclaiming the word "retarded" and then wouldn't shut up about how he's friends with Musk.
Gah. Nightmare. I'd demand a refund.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 1:08pm
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Each comic only got 5 minutes and there were other good ones. I was just hoping it was going to be Maron or somebody good. Though I did just see him in Seattle on Saturday night so that was a good cleanser.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Rogan was the biggest name on the bill of 16. He spent the whole time talking about reclaiming the word "retarded"
The hero we've been waiting for. If we comedians can't punch down, freedom is dead. :rolleyes:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Rogan's got some weird sorta right wing sorta libertarian anti-progressive appeal. He occasionally has interesting people on his podcast (Bernie, Yang), so I watch some of his clips on youtube. Like most people of his ilk, I can get behind about 50% of what he's about, but I find the other 50% reprehensible. The "retarded" thing sounds on brand.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 1:12pm
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Each comic only got 5 minutes and there were other good ones. I was just hoping it was going to be Maron or somebody good. Though I did just see him in Seattle on Saturday night so that was a good cleanser.
We saw him (Maron) back in June and I honestly haven't laughed that hard at a stand up show since Carlin. He's a master.
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 3:53pm
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:

We saw him (Maron) back in June and I honestly haven't laughed that hard at a stand up show since Carlin. He's a master.
I had tickets to see him but had to miss out for my kids graduation instead. say that part in a snarky tone for desired effect.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 4:32pm
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:

I had tickets to see him but had to miss out for my kids graduation instead. say that part in a snarky tone for desired effect.
YOU CHOSE INCORRECTLY.
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 4:38pm
revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:

YOU CHOSE INCORRECTLY.
Yeah he was gonna graduate either way.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:

I want to meet your kid so I can say, "Oh, you're the one who wrecked your dad's desire to be entertained."

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 4:42pm
revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I want to meet your kid so I can say, "Oh, you're the one who wrecked your dad's desire to be entertained."
This certainly wasn't the first time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 5:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 4:42pm
revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:

This certainly wasn't the first time.
:lol:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 3:40pm
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Rogan's got some weird sorta right wing sorta libertarian anti-progressive appeal. He occasionally has interesting people on his podcast (Bernie, Yang), so I watch some of his clips on youtube. Like most people of his ilk, I can get behind about 50% of what he's about, but I find the other 50% reprehensible. The "retarded" thing sounds on brand.
I already didn't like him much but now I REALLY don't.