The KISS thread

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kiss- ... 0-6468996/
Heston wrote:Let's see the Replacements get a Pokemon character.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 7:34pm
Drunken bar bands don't get stuff like this.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 7:34pm
Drunken bar bands don't get stuff like this.
But cartoon "rock bands" do.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Goota bump this thread when I get in in at 4 inn the mourning. Fuck u philistines, these shit is the shit
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 11:45pm
Goota bump this thread when I get in in at 4 inn the mourning. Fuck u philistines, these shit is the shit
KISS fan in mourning!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
The evidence is in: KISS can only be contracted when mind and body are distressed from exhaustion and inebriation. The sober being rejects it, the immune system recognizing it as unworthy of a mature body, but in a compromised state, that's when it attaches itself to a host. The brain begins immediately to rot.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 5:18am
Heston wrote:
KISS fan in mourning!
No room for 4 in the inn.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 9:02am
Marky Dread wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 5:18am
Heston wrote:
KISS fan in mourning!
No room for 4 in the inn.
Teamwork is the way forward. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 8:36am
Heston wrote:
The evidence is in: KISS can only be contracted when mind and body are distressed from exhaustion and inebriation. The sober being rejects it, the immune system recognizing it as unworthy of a mature body, but in a compromised state, that's when it attaches itself to a host. The brain begins immediately to rot.
In this case your honour it would appear the brain had turned to mush many moons ago.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 9:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 8:36am
Heston wrote:
In this case your honour it would appear the brain had turned to mush many moons ago.
Yeah, it would appear that despite desperately impairing the victim's sense of good and bad, the disease isn't physically fatal, only in terms of esteem.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 8:25pm
Before that machine was destroyed, 126 kids contracted gonorrhea while trying to buy a Snickers.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

There was a local art fair today and there was a booth with rock bands whose vinyl albums had been carved with logos or artist images. There was a pretty well done copy of Destroyer with images of the band carved into it. I couldn’t take a picture, sadly.

I’d have gotten it for Heston, but I don’t think we have a “Randomly Drop 150 Bucks On a Carved Up LP” sort of thing going.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 9:23pm
There was a local art fair today and there was a booth with rock bands whose vinyl albums had been carved with logos or artist images. There was a pretty well done copy of Destroyer with images of the band carved into it. I couldn’t take a picture, sadly.

I’d have gotten it for Heston, but I don’t think we have a “Randomly Drop 150 Bucks On a Carved Up LP” sort of thing going.
...that said I've often found KISS quite wooden.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 9:23pm

No lie, I'd have bought it for him if it were The Elder.