General music discussion.
muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Re: The KISS thread

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 9:58pm
THE LONG AWAIUTED RETURN OF KISS SONG OF THE DAY

FUCK U ALL IF U DONT GET THIS< THIS IS BOWIE LEVEL SONGWRITING< IT@S JUST A SHAME EWANTED TO BE A DEMON RATHER THAN THIS SENSITIVE SONGWRITER>>>

Dude - that's actually not bad. Nothing to do with Bowie, but it's got a great progression and cool guitar figure (a Fender baritone?). It reminds me of a bunch of different songs, probably one particular one - some '60s Brit band maybe?
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:

FUCK U ALL IF U DONT GET THIS< THIS IS BOWIE LEVEL SONGWRITING< IT@S JUST A SHAME EWANTED TO BE A DEMON RATHER THAN THIS SENSITIVE SONGWRITER>>>

Smells like every wretched country/folk rock turd that punk sought to obliterate. Songs that can only be played while sitting on a stool.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 6:24am
Heston wrote:

Smells like every wretched country/folk rock turd that punk sought to obliterate. Songs that can only be played while sitting on a stool.
I haven't and won't listen to the song, but there's nothing wrong with sitting on a stool to play music, punk.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 9:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I haven't and won't listen to the song, but there's nothing wrong with sitting on a stool to play music, punk.
Stools are for drinkin' in on. If you've got something important to say, you stand up like you would for the flag or your elders, kid. I didn't leave my right foot behind on Iwo Jima to have some goon sit on a stool and tell me why he's in love.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 10:17am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

Stools are for drinkin' in on. If you've got something important to say, you stand up like you would for the flag or your elders, kid. I didn't leave my right foot behind on Iwo Jima to have some goon sit on a stool and tell me why he's in love.
I remember a Rollins spoken word track where he talks about seeing KISS back in the day and specifically about Peter Criss performing Beth. He said he came out from behind the drum kit, wiped the sweat from his forehead, then casually draped the towel over his shoulders before sitting on the edge of the drum riser and saying, "Let me sing you a song" before launching into the song.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I bet you would like it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 10:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I remember a Rollins spoken word track where he talks about seeing KISS back in the day and specifically about Peter Criss performing Beth. He said he came out from behind the drum kit, wiped the sweat from his forehead, then casually draped the towel over his shoulders before sitting on the edge of the drum riser and saying, "Let me sing you a song" before launching into the song.
I’ve told the story about how a friend of mine bought us all tickets to see Kiss for his birthday in 2000. Criss was STILL doing the same schtick.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

That song still sucks.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Wolter wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 10:52am
WestwayKid wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 10:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I’ve told the story about how a friend of mine bought us all tickets to see Kiss for his birthday in 2000. Criss was STILL doing the same schtick.
He probably can't do it anymore as I'm sure Gene and Paul have it trademarked.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just musing now about how drunk a person has to be to start equating Bowie with Gene Simmons.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Heston wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 10:38am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I bet you would like it.
Well, if sober Heston recommends it, I'll give it a try.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 11:04am
Just musing now about how drunk a person has to be to start equating Bowie with Gene Simmons.
I’m deeply concerned that sober Heston might still believe this.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Well Muppet liked it and he is notoriously hard to please. A lot of people can't see past the fact it is the bloke from KISS.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 1:12pm
Well Muppet liked it and he is notoriously hard to please. A lot of people can't see past the fact it is the bloke from KISS.
A lot of people also can't hear past the fact that it's generic easy-listening 70s rock.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Heston wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 10:38am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I bet you would like it.
It's not my cup of tea, but I don't object to it

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/