1981/’82 Clash Footage New to Us

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

1981/’82 Clash Footage New to Us

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Filmed by the drummer of The Police.

River
Long Time Jerk

Re: 1981/’82 Clash Footage New to Us

Post by River »

Think I figured it out already, it's from October 22nd, 1981, at the Lyceum. Just compared the audio, Joe's lines match up with what's on the video, and same with his scream right before the solo. Judged it initially by the outfits which I remember seeing from pics during their residency at the Lyceum. Never would've expected Stewart Copeland to film a part of Clash gig.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

River wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 1:47am
Think I figured it out already, it's from October 22nd, 1981, at the Lyceum. Just compared the audio, Joe's lines match up with what's on the video, and same with his scream right before the solo. Judged it initially by the outfits which I remember seeing from pics during their residency at the Lyceum. Never would've expected Stewart Copeland to film a part of Clash gig.
Nice one. If you’re on FB, let Stewart know the date by commenting.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

River wrote:
He was quite the documentarian, from what I understand.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

This is rather awesome.

cat
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by cat »

Wow, I was at the gig on the 22nd and the clothing does look familiar from that night. I know Copeland also filmed the so what tour in 1982, although only a few minutes worth of footage has ever been seen. Nice find though.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Kory wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 4:46pm
River wrote:
Everyone Stares is a great Doc/Home Movie

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

white man wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 12:01pm
Kory wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 4:46pm
River wrote:
Everyone Stares is a great Doc/Home Movie
I like the footage, but Copeland's dorky narration I can do without!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Hammy
Dirty Punk

Post by Hammy »

i've seen interview where Copelnad just basically said the Police took their whole blueprint from "police & thieves' and singles out Topper's capability
young punks won't remember how huge 'White Reggae' was in (in UK) for 78/79 but Bernie's not exaggerating when he bigs himself up for getting some kind of Black/White fusion up & running...

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Hammy wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 4:36am
i've seen interview where Copelnad just basically said the Police took their whole blueprint from "police & thieves' and singles out Topper's capability
young punks won't remember how huge 'White Reggae' was in (in UK) for 78/79 but Bernie's not exaggerating when he bigs himself up for getting some kind of Black/White fusion up & running...
Yeah 'cause Bernie had never heard of The Equals.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 3:04pm
Hammy wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 4:36am
Yeah 'cause Bernie had never heard of The Equals.
Or white people doing black music in general?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.