so... what's your favorite picture of yourself?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: so... what's your favorite picture of yourself?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 6:24pm
Did I ever mention the only Canadian band I ever saw live, April Wine?
Yes, you have. You really should hate Canadian more.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 6:22pm
revbob wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 6:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 3:39pm
revbob wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 3:35pm
Slow your roll Canadian. I have two words for you Celine Dion.
French Canadian. On that subject, I'm happy to grant Francophone nationalists their exclusive claim. English Canada has produced more than enough cultural atrocities that we don't need to bear responsibility for her, too.
Bryan Adams is the one I like to throw out there.
Amazingly, he's among the least objectionable of Canadian acts who achieved international success. He's still way shitty.
Im trying to think of some others. He and Celine always stick out for me though. I mean I guess Rush was pretty popular but with a gun to my jead I'll take them over either of the aforementioned.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 10:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 3:35pm
Slow your roll Canadian. I have two words for you Celine Dion.
French Canadian. On that subject, I'm happy to grant Francophone nationalists their exclusive claim. English Canada has produced more than enough cultural atrocities that we don't need to bear responsibility for her, too.
Amazingly, he's among the least objectionable of Canadian acts who achieved international success. He's still way shitty.
Im trying to think of some others. He and Celine always stick out for me though. I mean I guess Rush was pretty popular but with a gun to my jead I'll take them over either of the aforementioned.
Loverboy, Neil Young, Avril Lavigne, Nickelback, Joni Mitchell, BTO, Arcade Fire, Barenaked Ladies immediately come to mind (even if most of them I don't want them to be there).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 6:16am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Loverboy, Neil Young, Avril Lavigne, Nickelback, Joni Mitchell, BTO, Arcade Fire, Barenaked Ladies immediately come to mind (even if most of them I don't want them to be there).
Im down with Neil Young and BTO? Surely Taking Care of Business is better than so many of those others entire output. I cant speak to Joni Mitchell Ive never listened to her.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 6:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Im down with Neil Young and BTO? Surely Taking Care of Business is better than so many of those others entire output. I cant speak to Joni Mitchell Ive never listened to her.
Some NY, some BTO, some AF for me. Hell, I'll cop to liking a couple Avril Lavigne songs.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 7:11am
revbob wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 6:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Some NY, some BTO, some AF for me. Hell, I'll cop to liking a couple Avril Lavigne songs.
I have to confess that I liked Alanis Morissette for about a minute when she first came out, but soon soured on her when I realized the 90s were awful.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 9:09am
I have to confess that I liked Alanis Morissette for about a minute when she first came out, but soon soured on her when I realized the 90s were awful.
There's one song by her that I don't mind, but I'll be damned if I can remember it. Definitely not that stupid Ironic song. Culturally/politically, her crime (along with, alas, Spice Girls) was to corporatize and defang the urgent feminist politics that riot grrrl put out there. It turned critique into a safe and fun and in no way challenging "girl power" commodified nothingness.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 9:23am
JennyB wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 9:09am
There's one song by her that I don't mind, but I'll be damned if I can remember it. Definitely not that stupid Ironic song. Culturally/politically, her crime (along with, alas, Spice Girls) was to corporatize and defang the urgent feminist politics that riot grrrl put out there. It turned critique into a safe and fun and in no way challenging "girl power" commodified nothingness.
Yep. I'll take Babes in Toyland, L7 and even Hole for my girl power.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Love this one of us on top of the Empire State Building on a very windy 2016 evening. Couldn't see a thing but it didn't matter. Fantastic trip there, would do anything to go back.
Attachments
20190630_153626.jpg

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 10:42am
Love this one of us on top of the Empire State Building on a very windy 2016 evening. Couldn't see a thing but it didn't matter. Fantastic trip there, would do anything to go back.
Yep we went up Xmas Day last year. Love NY.

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

[/quote]

I didn't mind her but she always sounded like she was pissed off about something.
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

deny wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 4:22pm
I didn't mind her but she always sounded like she was pissed off about something.
[/quote]

Probably being crap!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 5:33pm
deny wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 4:22pm
Probably being crap!
[/quote]

I accidentally saw her play live whilst eating my lunch (dinner for the northerners). Her hair was longer than she was.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 1:57pm
BitterTom wrote:
Very jealous, yeah best holiday by a country mile. Fantastic place, couldn't speak highly enough of it.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

BitterTom wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 6:58pm
101Walterton wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 1:57pm
BitterTom wrote:
Very jealous, yeah best holiday by a country mile. Fantastic place, couldn't speak highly enough of it.
It is quite the place, I've lived here for 31 years, seen many changes