The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

General music discussion.
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 19026
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by 101Walterton » 07 Jun 2019, 5:42am

Heston wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 3:52am
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 3:00am
Heston wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 7:04pm
Everyone knows them for 500 Miles but I thought this one was great, nearly punk in its drive and intensity but very melodic...

Pair of annoying twats
Not a fan then?
Can’t stand that OTT Scottish accent.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 31252
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Heston » 07 Jun 2019, 5:58am

101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 5:42am
Heston wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 3:52am
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 3:00am
Heston wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 7:04pm
Everyone knows them for 500 Miles but I thought this one was great, nearly punk in its drive and intensity but very melodic...

Pair of annoying twats
Not a fan then?
Can’t stand that OTT Scottish accent.
Keeping it real. Turn the subtitles on.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43266
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Marky Dread » 07 Jun 2019, 1:12pm

Heston wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 5:58am
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 5:42am
Heston wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 3:52am
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 3:00am
Heston wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 7:04pm
Everyone knows them for 500 Miles but I thought this one was great, nearly punk in its drive and intensity but very melodic...

Pair of annoying twats
Not a fan then?
Can’t stand that OTT Scottish accent.
Keeping it real. Turn the subtitles on.
Great track.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84205
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jun 2019, 6:43pm



This'd be so much cooler if we didn't know how much infinitely cooler they were before polishing everything up. That first album, tho, is a gem.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4661
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil » 11 Jun 2019, 9:52pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 6:43pm


This'd be so much cooler if we didn't know how much infinitely cooler they were before polishing everything up. That first album, tho, is a gem.
Was their first Lp, We've Got a Fuzzbox, and We're Going to Use it?. I had that one, got a lot of play in the late 80's.

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4661
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil » 11 Jun 2019, 9:56pm

speaking of female bands. This band never ceases to impress me.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84205
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Jun 2019, 5:57am

daredevil wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 9:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 6:43pm


This'd be so much cooler if we didn't know how much infinitely cooler they were before polishing everything up. That first album, tho, is a gem.
Was their first Lp, We've Got a Fuzzbox, and We're Going to Use it?. I had that one, got a lot of play in the late 80's.
Right, tho it was also released as Bostin' Steve Austin.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4661
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil » 12 Jun 2019, 9:54pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 5:57am
daredevil wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 9:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 6:43pm


This'd be so much cooler if we didn't know how much infinitely cooler they were before polishing everything up. That first album, tho, is a gem.
Was their first Lp, We've Got a Fuzzbox, and We're Going to Use it?. I had that one, got a lot of play in the late 80's.
Right, tho it was also released as Bostin' Steve Austin.
I didn't know Geffen Records changed the title for the US release.
I listened to the album via Youtube at work today.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9527
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by revbob » 13 Jun 2019, 6:49am

daredevil wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 9:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 5:57am
daredevil wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 9:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 6:43pm


This'd be so much cooler if we didn't know how much infinitely cooler they were before polishing everything up. That first album, tho, is a gem.
Was their first Lp, We've Got a Fuzzbox, and We're Going to Use it?. I had that one, got a lot of play in the late 80's.
Right, tho it was also released as Bostin' Steve Austin.
I didn't know Geffen Records changed the title for the US release.
I listened to the album via Youtube at work today.
Never heard this band before. The video Doc posted didnt move me (singer aside). That 2nd song is pretty good though. And yeah Daredevil Sleater Kinney is pretty fucking cool thanks for sharing that.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84205
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Jun 2019, 8:04am

revbob wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:49am
Never heard this band before. The video Doc posted didnt move me (singer aside). That 2nd song is pretty good though. And yeah Daredevil Sleater Kinney is pretty fucking cool thanks for sharing that.
The first Fuzzbox album is really cool—very crude and amateurish sounding. The second one is slick and generic, very much of its time.

What's not to love about this? 1967 was never this psychedelic.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1721
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Low Down Low » 13 Jun 2019, 12:29pm

Heston wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 5:58am
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 5:42am
Heston wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 3:52am
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 3:00am
Heston wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 7:04pm
Everyone knows them for 500 Miles but I thought this one was great, nearly punk in its drive and intensity but very melodic...

Pair of annoying twats
Not a fan then?
Can’t stand that OTT Scottish accent.
Keeping it real. Turn the subtitles on.
Am a big fan. Debut album is a classic and next two are merely great. Sunshine on Leith is one of those rare tracks that can give me goosebumps when i hear it. Don't think they ever reached those early heights again but still always go to see them whenever they pass through town and they never disappoint.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9527
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by revbob » 15 Jun 2019, 9:30am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 8:04am
revbob wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:49am
Never heard this band before. The video Doc posted didnt move me (singer aside). That 2nd song is pretty good though. And yeah Daredevil Sleater Kinney is pretty fucking cool thanks for sharing that.
The first Fuzzbox album is really cool—very crude and amateurish sounding. The second one is slick and generic, very much of its time.

What's not to love about this? 1967 was never this psychedelic.
That seemed a lot longer that 2:49, but I'm a sucker for a beautiful woman with a violin.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84205
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Jun 2019, 6:13pm

I don't think I've mentioned how much I love these guys for a bit. So, yeah, my favourite new band of the last couple years. If I were sixteen and heard them, my mind would have split open.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4661
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil » 17 Jun 2019, 10:23pm

revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 9:30am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 8:04am
revbob wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:49am
Never heard this band before. The video Doc posted didnt move me (singer aside). That 2nd song is pretty good though. And yeah Daredevil Sleater Kinney is pretty fucking cool thanks for sharing that.
The first Fuzzbox album is really cool—very crude and amateurish sounding. The second one is slick and generic, very much of its time.

What's not to love about this? 1967 was never this psychedelic.
That seemed a lot longer that 2:49, but I'm a sucker for a beautiful woman with a violin.
This is my least favorite album track, but it sounds better live.

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4661
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil » 17 Jun 2019, 10:37pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 6:13pm
I don't think I've mentioned how much I love these guys for a bit. So, yeah, my favourite new band of the last couple years. If I were sixteen and heard them, my mind would have split open.
I like this track, but yeah I would've been blown away if I heard this as a teen.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests