Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 8:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 8:27pm
Heston wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 8:05pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 7:27pm
BitterTom wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 6:26pm

Even worse , they've decided to throw a party now. If this wakes her up again I'll go ape shit.
Ahh mate I understand his happiness but not his selfishness
Sorry but if Sunderland had won the Champions league I would be kicking next door's windows in.
Not if they had a small baby surely mate. You can go out and celebrate anywhere in town. I understand the euphoria but not the lack of respect.
Oh yeah, they would all have to be over 18 if I was kicking their windows in.
Personally I would never kick in someone’s windows unless they were aged between 21- 49.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 9:28pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Sorry but if Sunderland had won the Champions league I would be kicking next door's windows in.
Not if they had a small baby surely mate. You can go out and celebrate anywhere in town. I understand the euphoria but not the lack of respect.
Personally I would never kick in someone’s windows unless they were aged between 21- 49.
Yeah, I was being harsh. I do sympathise with Tom but my point is football can bring about high emotions. As long as the neighbours aren't twats in general, I could forgive this one.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Marky Dread wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 6:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 6:24pm
BitterTom wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 4:45pm
Oh my God I could strangle this stupid arsehole neighbour screaming, literally screaming every minute of the match. Waking the baby up now. Dickhead.
Not good mate. I think it was a dull game but then after the two semi finals it was always bound to be an anti climax. Congrats to Liverpool.
Even worse , they've decided to throw a party now. If this wakes her up again I'll go ape shit.
Yep, it was a restless night, and I work Sundays now as well, sigh.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 9:40pm
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Yeah, I was being harsh. I do sympathise with Tom but my point is football can bring about high emotions. As long as the neighbours aren't twats in general, I could forgive this one.
Right so you live next door to some really nice people. Turns out they are Newcastle fans and they've just won the Champions league final. You on the other hand have a small baby and have to work the next day. Still feel the same now? :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 8:27am
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Right so you live next door to some really nice people. Turns out they are Newcastle fans and they've just won the Champions league final. You on the other hand have a small baby and have to work the next day. Still feel the same now? :mrgreen:
Well now you bring Newcastle into it...
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 8:57am
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 8:27am
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:

Well now you bring Newcastle into it...
Oh and I forgot to mention that they party all night long playing WBTCORNR until day break.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Is it still windy in here?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I actually don’t mind the neighbours kicking off if it is a special occasion. Winning the ECL would be fair enough in my book it’s not like every time they play.
I have had a few good parties here (my 40th / 50th the missus 30/40/50 etc) and neighbours have never called noise control although they would have been entitled to so we are the same.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 4:41pm
I actually don’t mind the neighbours kicking off if it is a special occasion. Winning the ECL would be fair enough in my book it’s not like every time they play.
I have had a few good parties here (my 40th / 50th the missus 30/40/50 etc) and neighbours have never called noise control although they would have been entitled to so we are the same.
I get it was a one off but it was a long day in work as it was, feeling knackered. Put baby to bed, they go mental, not just cheering but screaming, for a few hours they kept waking her up and I knew we all had to sleep as I was back in today. I knew she'd be moaning today and she has, and disrupted her sleep pattern so she may be crap tonight. I get this is just one personal viewpoint, but even if it was my own team that won (United), I'd feel exactly the same.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 4:48pm
101Walterton wrote:
I get it was a one off but it was a long day in work as it was, feeling knackered. Put baby to bed, they go mental, not just cheering but screaming, for a few hours they kept waking her up and I knew we all had to sleep as I was back in today. I knew she'd be moaning today and she has, and disrupted her sleep pattern so she may be crap tonight. I get this is just one personal viewpoint, but even if it was my own team that won (United), I'd feel exactly the same.
I feel your pain mate have been through that with 2 babies myself.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 4:50pm
BitterTom wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 4:48pm
101Walterton wrote:
I feel your pain mate have been through that with 2 babies myself.
Sorry mate, sure you didn't take it this way but didn't want to sound like I'm the only one who's had this problem! But yeah, pain in the arse.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Come on England, let's beat the heavily-backed Septic women tonight.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 10:14am
Come on England, let's beat the heavily-backed Septic women tonight.
Yep come on!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Bad news. The lionesses have done fantastic this year though. Been a breath of fresh air watching the women's football this year, will certainly be paying more attention in the future.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

BitterTom wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 5:05pm
Bad news. The lionesses have done fantastic this year though. Been a breath of fresh air watching the women's football this year, will certainly be paying more attention in the future.
There are some penalties when you can just tell the person won’t score. Sadly with that run up that was one of them.