The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Post by JennyB »

Ugh...hope it gets better with the patch.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I also bought yet another set of reading glasses, but stronger yet. That seems to be helping some, too. As freaked as I am about eye surgery (however many months down the road that'll be), by frustration with my declining vision is overruling that anxiety. I've always had excellent vision, and instead of a gradual decline it's all gone to shit in a year or so.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
28 May 2019, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 12:46pm
argh.jpg
Shiver me timbers, ye scurvy dogs!

So my cataract is getting worse (and I'm still six weeks from my ophthalmologist appointment) and wearing reading glasses for too long is giving me a headache, party because my fucked eye thinks the lens is dirty. So I'm trying an experiment with an eyepatch to see if that will alleviate some of the problem. All in all, this really, really sucks.
You look super cool though. Like Bart Simpson's hopes for his own future cool.
He just needs a big scar on one of those cheeks.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 3:06pm
I also bought yet another set of reading glasses, but stronger yet. That seems to be helping some, too. As freaked as I am about eye surgery (however many months down the road that'll be), by frustration with my declining vision is overruling that anxiety. I've always had excellent vision, and instead of a gradual decline it's all gone to shit in a year or so.
Now I think I need to see an eye doctor. :cry:

Why can't things improve by ignoring them?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 May 2019, 4:58pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
argh.jpg

So my cataract is getting worse (and I'm still six weeks from my ophthalmologist appointment) and wearing reading glasses for too long is giving me a headache, party because my fucked eye thinks the lens is dirty. So I'm trying an experiment with an eyepatch to see if that will alleviate some of the problem. All in all, this really, really sucks.
I picked up a scar underneath my nose when fucking Luke nailed me good. Not terribly bad ass. :meh:
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:00pm
Why can't things improve by ignoring them?
Because we made the mistake of not dying before age 30.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:04pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
argh.jpg

I picked up a scar underneath my nose when fucking Luke nailed me good. Not terribly bad ass. :meh:
Well at least his name is Luke. When I was a kid we had a cat named Pansy (after the flower).

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

revbob wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
argh.jpg

Well at least his name is Luke. When I was a kid we had a cat named Pansy (after the flower).
Yeah, when you tell the story of how you got the scar no one needs to know that Luke is a cat.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
When I had my retina reattached over a year ago I must admit I was a little apprehensive. But it was painless and easy. I wish you every success buddy

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:11pm
revbob wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:

Yeah, when you tell the story of how you got the scar no one needs to know that Luke is a cat.
"This homeless guy named Luke …"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
When I had my retina reattached over a year ago I must admit I was a little apprehensive. But it was painless and easy. I wish you every success buddy
Everyone tells me that cataract surgery is super quick and easy, but the idea of having my eye sliced is terrifying. I couldn't even watch the Boss take out her contacts.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:24pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Everyone tells me that cataract surgery is super quick and easy, but the idea of having my eye sliced is terrifying. I couldn't even watch the Boss take out her contacts.
Just lie back put Debaser by the Pixies on and it'll all be over in no time. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10/10 response.

All the best though Doc.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll just end up going with glasses. I cant even put drops in my eyes or open them in the water

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
:wtf: If they gave the option of being knocked out, I'd do that in a heartbeat.