Re: Nixon!

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 10:10am
JennyB wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 9:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 7:41pm
So, for my final exam, one of the options was a bit of time travel / historical speculation, where students are, in essence, tasked with explaining the mechanics of a particular event by removing a key element. I like to offer one wide-open kind of question for the more daring and creative (with the understanding that I expect a lot for the answer). Anyway, what does this have to do with Nixon? One response has been to prevent the War on Drugs by going back in time and doing drugs with Dick to show him how much fun it is to get stoned … and if that doesn't work, "kill him or something." There are times when I absolutely adore these kids' minds.
Didn't Elvis do that already?
Kill Nixon? I'm prepared to sit and listen to your theory …
He killed him by doing drugs with him. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 1:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
So, for my final exam, one of the options was a bit of time travel / historical speculation, where students are, in essence, tasked with explaining the mechanics of a particular event by removing a key element. I like to offer one wide-open kind of question for the more daring and creative (with the understanding that I expect a lot for the answer). Anyway, what does this have to do with Nixon? One response has been to prevent the War on Drugs by going back in time and doing drugs with Dick to show him how much fun it is to get stoned … and if that doesn't work, "kill him or something." There are times when I absolutely adore these kids' minds.
It's weird that Nixon was a pretty committed drunk, but the idea of him smoking, snorting, or injecting is unfathomable.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 1:58pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's weird that Nixon was a pretty committed drunk, but the idea of him smoking, snorting, or injecting is unfathomable.
I think it was In the Arena where he said he'd never given a speech with out a drink and never wanted to try.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 4:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I think it was In the Arena where he said he'd never given a speech with out a drink and never wanted to try.
He was the Don Draper of presidents.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 4:39pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've read that Nixon had a real issue with mixing alcohol with pills...so he wouldn't drink a lot...but because he was also popping downers to help him sleep...big time issues. I've also read that during the most tense hours of the Yom Kippur Way in 1973, Nixon was passed out drunk in the White House.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 6:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I've read that Nixon had a real issue with mixing alcohol with pills...so he wouldn't drink a lot...but because he was also popping downers to help him sleep...big time issues. I've also read that during the most tense hours of the Yom Kippur Way in 1973, Nixon was passed out drunk in the White House.
Yeah, as Watergate closed around him and he lost access to people like Haldeman, his paranoia and self-pity sent him deep into the bottle. And he wasn't a fun and happy drunk, but a fucking bleak asshole. For an intelligent man with remarkable perseverance and force of will, he was one big cancer inside.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 6:37pm
WestwayKid wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 6:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

he was one big cancer inside.
Also riddled with phlebitis.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://theslot.jezebel.com/is-it-time- ... 1828549976

I can and I can't see Nixon has phsyically abusive. To the former, he was a nasty piece of shit and especially belligerent when drunk. To the latter, he conducted himself in a way that made the physical so alien that him focusing his rage with his fists seems strange to me. But the prevalence of the stories tells me the needle points to him being a domestic abuser. What a hideous id monster he was.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I understand those sorts of thoughts are hard to imagine but people in private are capable of anything, I had real trouble understanding boring old John Major Conservative leader getting it on with Edwina Curry while in power, I don't want to give you images in your head or anything but!! Urg!, the hypocrisy is unbelievable, to me when I heard that I thought 'Really?'.
Correction, serving as ministers, still!!
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 8:42am
https://theslot.jezebel.com/is-it-time- ... 1828549976

I can and I can't see Nixon has phsyically abusive. To the former, he was a nasty piece of shit and especially belligerent when drunk. To the latter, he conducted himself in a way that made the physical so alien that him focusing his rage with his fists seems strange to me. But the prevalence of the stories tells me the needle points to him being a domestic abuser. What a hideous id monster he was.
Sharp analysis. My one slight irritation, having nothing to do with the facts of the subject, is with the headline of the linked article. Is it time to address Nixon's alleged abuses? I mean... I guess? In the sense that we should address every instance of abuse? But it's not exactly like revealing Nixon was a colossal abuser piece of shit is going to be revelatory for anyone. It's set up like the article is breaking a taboo where none exists. Go ahead, address away.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

hairydot61 wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 9:15am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I understand those sorts of thoughts are hard to imagine but people in private are capable of anything, I had real trouble understanding boring old John Major Conservative leader getting it on with Edwina Curry while in power, I don't want to give you images in your head or anything but!! Urg!, the hypocrisy is unbelievable, to me when I heard that I thought 'Really?'.
Even more so considering John Major is the only person who has ever run away from the circus to work at a bank!
True story his dad Tom Major was a circus performer. He is also Major Tom from Bowie’s Space Odessy after Bowie saw his name on a circus poster in Brixton.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

101Walterton wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 4:35pm
hairydot61 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Even more so considering John Major is the only person who has ever run away from the circus to work at a bank!
True story his dad Tom Major was a circus performer. He is also Major Tom from Bowie’s Space Odessy after Bowie saw his name on a circus poster in Brixton.
Now Way!, Major Tom!!, I did know the Circus one though, but I'd forgotten that, I can see him as a Bank manager but thought he was very starchy as Conservative leader, but best of a bad lot where Thatcher was concerned, did I just say that?!.
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

hairydot61 wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 9:51pm
101Walterton wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 4:35pm
hairydot61 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Now Way!, Major Tom!!, I did know the Circus one though, but I'd forgotten that, I can see him as a Bank manager but thought he was very starchy as Conservative leader, but best of a bad lot where Thatcher was concerned, did I just say that?!.
Apparently that is true Bowie saw Tom Major on a circus poster and famously used it as one of his characters.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 3:54am
I'm picturing it more as a wistful remembrance of a past lover. Yes, LBJ was carnal, a genuine man amongst pretenders. Then, back to reality, Dick asks, "I'm sorry, what was the question?"