Punks fascination with Noddy?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
bmc
Dirty Punk

Punks fascination with Noddy?

Post by bmc »

Magnificent 7, Bristol 3 August 1982 perhaps should be entitled Mag 7 (Noddy version) with Joes long ad lib.

Not only were the Clash taken by this children's character. Ian Dury and the Blockheads did a b-side, Fuck off Noddy. What Noddy did to upset punks is anyones guess?

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Punks fascination with Noddy?

Post by dave202 »

bmc wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 11:13am
Magnificent 7, Bristol 3 August 1982 perhaps should be entitled Mag 7 (Noddy version) with Joes long ad lib.

Not only were the Clash taken by this children's character. Ian Dury and the Blockheads did a b-side, Fuck off Noddy. What Noddy did to upset punks is anyones guess?
Nobody liked Big Ears either. Have you ever heard him being addressed by his proper name?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Ah, Noddy: the character I only know from an episode of Who’s Line where Greg Proops was just as mystified as I was while watching.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 11:42am
Ah, Noddy: the character I only know from an episode of Who’s Line where Greg Proops was just as mystified as I was while watching.

That's funny.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 12:02pm
Wolter wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 11:42am

That's funny.
“NODDY?!?!”
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Five Go Mad in the Roundhouse: Anne accidentally doses the gang's cakes with speed.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Whatever happened to Tony Slattery

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

white man wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 6:48pm
I was just wondering that. IMDB says the last thing he acted in was 2009 with Stephen Fry.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Kory wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 11:48pm
white man wrote:
I was just wondering that. IMDB says the last thing he acted in was 2009 with Stephen Fry.
I'm sure he had some kind of mental breakdown. Seem to remember him looking like a down and out.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

white man wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 8:43am
Kory wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 11:48pm
white man wrote:
I'm sure he had some kind of mental breakdown. Seem to remember him looking like a down and out.

He was diagnosed with bipolar after a drug alcohol meltdown but looks like he is working again.

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/amp.theg ... pro-comedy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

When my daughter was maybe 3 - I had to take her to the doctor and upon our arrival home I discovered she had "borrowed" a Noddy book from the waiting room. She hid it in her coat. I never took it back. I think we had a short conversation about not taking things that didn't belong to us...but all in all...it was way too funny of a story - and quite harmless. The book was/is awful and in fact - I just found it the other day while going through a pile of kids books. I brought it out into the living room and we all had a big laugh!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble