The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Silent Majority »

Nice one, Jackson.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I can understand your feelings Wolter. It can be tough sending your kids to school for the first time and that first year can be filled with highs and lows. Like when your kid is the only one not invited to some birthday parties. Is it the parents doing that or the kids, or the kids because of the influence of the parents?

You guys seem like great parents though so keep up the good work

I love his shirt BTW.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Thankfully schools are not the cruel places they used to be and apart from 14 year old girls nor are the kids.
Good luck to the little feller.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss is, at this very moment, back in the homeland interviewing for a position that might send us back there. She knows that I don't want to leave, but I'll support her choice unreservedly. It's expected that she'll be offered the job (they've been trying to woo her back for a couple years now) but I hold out a faint glimmer of hope that our current school will sufficiently counter to keep her (that is, I think they will counter but I'm doubtful it'll be enough). I'm in the odd position of likely arguing the emotional side as I'm pretty sure we'll be better off materially going back, and I don't really know how to make an emotional argument, so my advocacy will be especially weakened. Sigh. We'll have a better sense of things come September, I imagine.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 3:59pm
The Boss is, at this very moment, back in the homeland interviewing for a position that might send us back there. She knows that I don't want to leave, but I'll support her choice unreservedly. It's expected that she'll be offered the job (they've been trying to woo her back for a couple years now) but I hold out a faint glimmer of hope that our current school will sufficiently counter to keep her (that is, I think they will counter but I'm doubtful it'll be enough). I'm in the odd position of likely arguing the emotional side as I'm pretty sure we'll be better off materially going back, and I don't really know how to make an emotional argument, so my advocacy will be especially weakened. Sigh. We'll have a better sense of things come September, I imagine.
Good luck, and I hope whatever decision is made is the right one.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Good luck, and I hope whatever decision is made is the right one.
Thanks. Whatever we do will be good because wer'e super fortunate to have our current lives. Any whining I might do is tempered greatly by that appreciation.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Come to UVM instead Ill even take your class

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I can relate to this except that I'm even more reluctant to move. Where is the homeland, and what happens to your work?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 5:54pm
Too much sub-standard maple syrup in the drinking fountains. :yuck:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 6:42pm
I can relate to this except that I'm even more reluctant to move. Where is the homeland, and what happens to your work?
Saskatoon. One of the Boss' conditions is a spousal hire, which is pretty standard in academic hirings now. I'm both problematic and easier. Problematic in that, unlike other people in the academic game, I don't have any publications (I've never had any desire to be published just to be published and I've never found my work thus far merited a wider audience, so I've never pursued it). So that would eliminate me from the usual faculty position. But because I'm happy with a limited teaching appointment (with much less attached salary) as opposed to a faculty position, that allows for a bit more creativity. However, I know full well that the stuff that I do may be popular with students, but it doesn't carry much weight with history departments these days (popular culture is sooooo 1990s). So if the history department doesn't have any use for me, well, I get that and won't feel even remotely slighted. I've told the Boss from the start that her demands that more stable work be found for me shouldn't be non-negotiable if she really wants to return. I appreciate her concern, but I'm used to being underemployed/able.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 6:57pm
Kory wrote:
Saskatoon. One of the Boss' conditions is a spousal hire, which is pretty standard in academic hirings now. I'm both problematic and easier. Problematic in that, unlike other people in the academic game, I don't have any publications (I've never had any desire to be published just to be published and I've never found my work thus far merited a wider audience, so I've never pursued it). So that would eliminate me from the usual faculty position. But because I'm happy with a limited teaching appointment (with much less attached salary) as opposed to a faculty position, that allows for a bit more creativity. However, I know full well that the stuff that I do may be popular with students, but it doesn't carry much weight with history departments these days (popular culture is sooooo 1990s). So if the history department doesn't have any use for me, well, I get that and won't feel even remotely slighted. I've told the Boss from the start that her demands that more stable work be found for me shouldn't be non-negotiable if she really wants to return. I appreciate her concern, but I'm used to being underemployed/able.
I wish I were as zen/practical as you. Keep us updated!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 7:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 6:57pm
Kory wrote:
I wish I were as zen/practical as you. Keep us updated!
It's called learning to live with your neuroses. :twitch:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 6:47pm
revbob wrote:
Nah, they stopped using the cheap Canadian stuff.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 8:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
#MAGA

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 8:10pm
revbob wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 8:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
#MAGA
Do either of you have any smack? I’m a little sick.