Unknown Immortal

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Rat Patrol »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 7:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 7:00am
http://nevadanewsmakers.com/RayHagar/article.asp?ID=187

More time for Pauly to front his double-tribute band, Rand Against the Machine.
He doesn't want to be around once the fan is introduced to the shit. That'd harm his chances of a sinecure on the board of some venture capital company down the years.
Also, he's gonna lose hard in November to the best progressive candidate of the whole cycle.

He's already denied the report...and it IS way too early for that since the Wisconsin primary isn't for another 4½ months, so it's definitely premature. But don't think for a second Pauly doesn't know exactly how much rope he has on his internal polling numbers before deciding whether or not to pull the plug in late-Spring and leap into the private sector. Like hell he amassed a vast campaign warchest to end up having to spend a single solitary cent of it on his own district reelection.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 7:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 7:00am
http://nevadanewsmakers.com/RayHagar/article.asp?ID=187

More time for Pauly to front his double-tribute band, Rand Against the Machine.
He doesn't want to be around once the fan is introduced to the shit. That'd harm his chances of a sinecure on the board of some venture capital company down the years.
That's certainly it. There's no glory in being in the minority after November, and he certainly wouldn't even be minority leader in the House—those even more heartless and crazier than him already think he's a RINO—so it's better to cash in his chips and really starting sucking on some Koch teat.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

McCain to say mean things about Trump in new book. Will continue to vote party line. Media and liberals will largely pay attention only to the former.
http://www.straitstimes.com/world/unite ... t-on-trump
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 8:06am
McCain to say mean things about Trump in new book. Will continue to vote party line. Media and liberals will largely pay attention only to the former.
That fatal tumor sure is taking its sweet time. :shifty:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Rat Patrol wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 8:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He probably has Cheney's doctor.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 1:54pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 8:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He probably has Cheney's doctor.
Or Kissinger's.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Ha, snarky old Steely Dan
Attachments
46A2127D-AC4D-473D-BCDF-7C73B1A676CA.jpeg
46A2127D-AC4D-473D-BCDF-7C73B1A676CA.jpeg (262.38 KiB) Viewed 4550 times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/rel ... 4d8c5dd97a

Giuliani split the blame for the marriage's failure at 9/11 on him.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

No longer the future of the Republican Party, America's Most Ludicrous-Looking Sexual Harasser™
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... uct-claims

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

More time for shrugging and going Galt and all that: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/38261 ... reelection

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 8:59am
More time for shrugging and going Galt and all that: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/38261 ... reelection
Does that mean he has something resembling a soul? Or is he going off to make bank in the private sector?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

He's frustrated he's having a hard time enacting his grotesque policies, so is going to go make bank in the private sector. He's endlessly vile.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Bye bye, Paul Ryan!! I just want to thank him for not doing anything for me or my family during his tenure in office. Most of us live in Wisconsin's 2nd Congressional District - so the news he wasn't seeking reelection was met with much joy this morning.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 10:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Does that mean he has something resembling a soul? Or is he going off to make bank in the private sector?
He got thru the big wealth redistribution to the rich plan he's ached for (i.e., the tax cut), but he knows the Republicans will be losing the House this fall and there's no pleasure being in the minority (and he'd be resigning as House GOP leader after the fall slaughter anyhow). He'll make some obscene and easy cash and then, depending on how things shake out, run for president in 2020 (if Trump is ousted) or 2024. He's a reptile and he's following the reptile playbook of greedy advancement.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 10:33am
matedog wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 10:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He got thru the big wealth redistribution to the rich plan he's ached for (i.e., the tax cut), but he knows the Republicans will be losing the House this fall and there's no pleasure being in the minority (and he'd be resigning as House GOP leader after the fall slaughter anyhow). He'll make some obscene and easy cash and then, depending on how things shake out, run for president in 2020 (if Trump is ousted) or 2024. He's a reptile and he's following the reptile playbook of greedy advancement.
Kind of what we're thinking, too.

He "represents" such a mess of a district. I live in a southern suburb of Milwaukee...but Ryan also covers some very affluent suburbs to the west of Milwaukee County and then a whole bunch of empty space down the the Illinois border.

Dems have not really run very good candidates against him - but honestly - the feeling was that we were going to lose every election. Ryan was very entrenched with the establishment GOP and they were very good about getting out and voting.

We have a decent candidate running this fall (Randy Bryce) - but even so - I'm not totally a believer. Guy has spent too much time simply running as anti-Ryan when he should be focusing on connecting with the people in the district and running on his own merits. I think this is going to force him to change his campaign focus as he's going to be running against someone who doesn't have Ryan's record to attack.

The thought this morning is that they'll run a guy named Dave Craig - who represents my district in the Wisconsin legislature. He's a pretty vile person, too. Small government, anti-abortion, pro-gun...you all know the rest.

Either way - I'm not sad to see Paul Ryan go - but I doubt he'll be gone for long. He'll pop up again somewhere...
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble