Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Inder »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

To illustrate how important local elections are, we have a self-proclaimed Confederate running for my municipality's school board. This morning, at one of the polling places, her husband yelled at two high school girls who were holding signs of her opponent, calling them idiots and dispicable. I am hoping that things go well today. Of course, she is also against comprehensive sex education, especially if it contains language supporting the LGBT community. She's a real peach.

ETA - she's a lunatic: https://twitter.com/Jeanie4Parkway

ETAA - she is evidently a Kid Rock fan. this time, she's gone too far.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 10:08am
To illustrate how important local elections are, we have a self-proclaimed Confederate running for my municipality's school board. This morning, at one of the polling places, her husband yelled at two high school girls who were holding signs of her opponent, calling them idiots and dispicable. I am hoping that things go well today. Of course, she is also against comprehensive sex education, especially if it contains language supporting the LGBT community. She's a real peach.

I take some comfort that reprehensible politicians and I rarely overlap in our music tastes (David Cameron being a big exception).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 10:39am
JennyB wrote:

I take some comfort that reprehensible politicians and I rarely overlap in our music tastes (David Cameron being a big exception).
Yeah. when Richard Spencer declared Depeche Mode the "band of the alt-right," that didn't sit well with me, even after they tore him to pieces. He doesn't get to like them!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 10:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 10:39am
JennyB wrote:

Yeah. when Richard Spencer declared Depeche Mode the "band of the alt-right," that didn't sit well with me, even after they tore him to pieces. He doesn't get to like them!
Nobody likes Swans. :approve:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Good news - she lost! She came in 4th out of 5. And the two guys who support comprehensive and inclusive sex education won. So I am happy.

Plus, my friend Chris and I had a blast trolling her about her Kid Rock fandom on Twitter because eveidently we are 12.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 9:31am
Good news - she lost! She came in 4th out of 5. And the two guys who support comprehensive and inclusive sex education won. So I am happy.

Plus, my friend Chris and I had a blast trolling her about her Kid Rock fandom on Twitter because eveidently we are 12.
"Fourth out of five? In other words, the voters loathed only one person more than you?"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 10:09am
JennyB wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 9:31am

"Fourth out of five? In other words, the voters loathed only one person more than you?"
And he held her views, just wasn't as vocal about it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Proud of my home state of Wisconsin for rejecting a GOP hack in the state supreme court election last night. I saw that our "beloved" governor, Scott "Scooter" Walker, sent out a rather desperate message last night warning the GOP of a "blue wave" overcoming them in November. Ha, ha!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 10:55am
Proud of my home state of Wisconsin for rejecting a GOP hack in the state supreme court election last night. I saw that our "beloved" governor, Scott "Scooter" Walker, sent out a rather desperate message last night warning the GOP of a "blue wave" overcoming them in November. Ha, ha!
What about Nehlen?
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 11:43am
WestwayKid wrote:
What about Nehlen?
Primary isn't until August...but Nehlen has been essentially disowned by the Wisconsin GOP. I believe they even "refunded" his membership dues! :mrgreen:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 2:50pm
JennyB wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
What about Nehlen?
Primary isn't until August...but Nehlen has been essentially disowned by the Wisconsin GOP. I believe they even "refunded" his membership dues! :mrgreen:
Gotcha - that's good, at least.
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 4:01pm
WestwayKid wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 2:50pm
JennyB wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
What about Nehlen?
Gotcha - that's good, at least.
I just don't see him being much of a threat to Ryan. It's pretty much establishment GOP country.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

What on earth

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Neoliberalism working exactly as it's supposed to. Film at 11.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... point-2030