The Gun Politics Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Gun Politics Thread

Post by JennyB »

We had over 10,000 in the Jortsville even though it was cold and rainy. It was a great morning.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 11:46am
We had over 10,000 in the Jortsville even though it was cold and rainy. It was a great morning.
Pfffft how mamy miles did you run?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 2:43pm
JennyB wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 11:46am
Pfffft how mamy miles did you run?
In my lifetime? About three. :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

John Paul Stevens calls for repeal of 2A: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opin ... %2Fopinion
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://www.citypages.com/news/rep-mary- ... /478026603

When your response strategy is to encourage your nation to hate and fear its kids, that should be a look-in-the-mirror moment if you have any kind of moral core.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Flex wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 6:29pm
Then the students will have to be armed with scissors! Fuckin' checkmate, libs.

Anyone attend their local march for lives rally today? I did not (I had signed up for a 5k months ago).
The long-suffering Mrs. Spiff and I went.

March for Our Lives - St. Paul, Minn.
March for Our Lives - St. Paul, Minn.
IMG_20180324_105756.jpg (673.22 KiB) Viewed 6912 times
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 6:46am
John Paul Stevens calls for repeal of 2A: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opin ... %2Fopinion

I think that would need 3/4 of the house, 3/4 of the senate, and 3/5 of the states.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

SteveSatch wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 1:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 6:46am

I think that would need 3/4 of the house, 3/4 of the senate, and 3/5 of the states.
Two-thirds of both the House and Senate, then three-quarters of the state legislatures or ratifying conventions. I thought you libertarians keep your pocket Constitution with you at all times to look this stuff up when you want to complain at the DMV. :rolleyes:

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

I'm not looking up the details for such an outlandish statement like completely getting rid of the 2A. That's never going to happen. Anyway, rights don't even come from the Bills of Rills. The Bills of Rights is merely a written record of what rights are natural to man. It's written to restrict the government not the people.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

You might want to do some reading about why the Articles of Confederation was replaced by the Constitution, chief. If you're going to be an originalist about this shit, it's incumbent to actually grasp the historical context behind both documents. Of course, that assumes a sincere desire to understand and not just follow dogma.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

SteveSatch wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 1:36pm
I'm not looking up the details for such an outlandish statement like completely getting rid of the 2A. That's never going to happen. Anyway, rights don't even come from the Bills of Rills. The Bills of Rights is merely a written record of what rights are natural to man. It's written to restrict the government not the people.
Bolding mine.

Two things Republicans like to say:

1. The U.S. Constitution merely enumerates several fundamental, God-given rights.
2. Illegal immigrants don’t have these rights.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 1:54pm
You might want to do some reading about why the Articles of Confederation was replaced by the Constitution, chief. If you're going to be an originalist about this shit, it's incumbent to actually grasp the historical context behind both documents. Of course, that assumes a sincere desire to understand and not just follow dogma.
Dogma? What dogma am I following?

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

Spiff wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 2:01pm
SteveSatch wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 1:36pm
Bolding mine.

Two things Republicans like to say:

1. The U.S. Constitution merely enumerates several fundamental, God-given rights.
2. Illegal immigrants don’t have these rights.
I believe all people of the world are born with the rights spelled out the The Bill of Rights. They are basic human rights. Too bad the .gov, the U.S. included, doesn't really think so.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

SteveSatch wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 2:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 1:54pm
Dogma? What dogma am I following?
Don't be cute. Your entire tenure on this board has been characterized by reflexive libertarian dogma. You've never shown yourself to be a critical thinker or interested in honest and reflective discussion, not when you can just copy-paste crap.

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

I wasn't being cute at all. I've been called a Libertarian, a Republican, and a Statist by people on this board. I have no idea what you think I am.