Some Clash remixes/edits

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Some Clash remixes/edits

Post by Heston »

It's been pissing down for two days so I made these for my own enjoyment, thought some here might appreciate them too...

1. The Call Out - I mixed The Call Up and The Cool Out together as the latter has some aspects I quite like that aren't in the song proper.
2. One Emotion - I edited this lumbering four and a half minute song into the 3 minute tune it should have been by excising the middle section and shortening the start and end.
3. White Riot - I added the siren intro to the UK album version.
4. All the Young Punks - I always thought the arrangement was too long so I took out the repeated choruses. Also added a bit of echo to Joe's vocal as I thought it was too dry.
5. Cool Confusion - This was the trickiest one, layering the original version over the "rock" version that was on the Hell W10 soundtrack. Doesn't always work as they were recorded at different tempos but gives you an idea of what it might have sounded like in that kind of arrangement.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/45jfk06 ... emixed.rar
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Some Clash remixes/edits

Post by Silent Majority »

Cool, will check these out. Thanks.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Thanks! I'll give them a listen tonight!

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Nice! that version of Cool Confusion is interesting

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks Heston, will listen tonight.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Thanks very much.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Nice, Hes. This is fun stuff. Cool Confusion is almost decent which is an upgrade for sure.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 4:50pm
Nice, Hes. This is fun stuff. Cool Confusion is almost decent which is an upgrade for sure.
Even I nearly started to like it.

Just wish the tempos had been the same on the two versions, there's places where it was just impossible to make it run cohesively.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board