Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Post by revbob »

daredevil wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 11:18pm
I really wanted to like the 1980's Twilight Zone revival, but it just wasn't very good. The format was more like Night Gallery and the episodes were just not memorable (There were some exceptions).
The revival in 2000 was a little better. I liked the new takes on classic episodes updated for the times. "Into The Light" with Samantha Mathis as a teacher who sees light above some students
which to her horror indicates they will soon die, was my favorite one from that series. The original was titled "The Purple Testament" and took place during WW2, that one had Dick York.
There was also an update of "Its A Good Life" with Bill Mummy reprising his role but as an adult.
Yeah I was hopeful for the 80s reboot. At thst point un my kife the original TZ was probably my favorite tv show ever. I was sufficiently disappointed that I never watched any of the other reboots.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 9:29am
daredevil wrote:
I really wanted to like the 1980's Twilight Zone revival, but it just wasn't very good. The format was more like Night Gallery and the episodes were just not memorable (There were some exceptions).
The revival in 2000 was a little better. I liked the new takes on classic episodes updated for the times. "Into The Light" with Samantha Mathis as a teacher who sees light above some students
which to her horror indicates they will soon die, was my favorite one from that series. The original was titled "The Purple Testament" and took place during WW2, that one had Dick York.
There was also an update of "Its A Good Life" with Bill Mummy reprising his role but as an adult.
Yeah I was hopeful for the 80s reboot. At thst point un my kife the original TZ was probably my favorite tv show ever. I was sufficiently disappointed that I never watched any of the other reboots.
i was thinking of 80sTZ as my next project. That bad? My current project is Alfred Hithcock presents and Outer Limits. I've watched easily over 100 and 20 episodes of each, respectively, in the last 4 or 5 months.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 6:27pm
i was thinking of 80sTZ as my next project. That bad?
Not if you want to exercise your snark muscles. For the most part, it's just really cheap looking and uninspired. The only similar series from that period that I remember being halfway good was Friday the 13th, but it was more horror/occult than TZ weird.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
daredevil wrote:
i was thinking of 80sTZ as my next project. That bad? My current project is Alfred Hithcock presents and Outer Limits. I've watched easily over 100 and 20 episodes of each, respectively, in the last 4 or 5 months.
I honestly cant recall the specifics at this point, it is possible I judged it too harshly but I dont think so

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

revbob wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 7:12pm
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
daredevil wrote:
I honestly cant recall the specifics at this point, it is possible I judged it too harshly but I dont think so
I think one problem was the 2 or 3 segments per show. That format just didn't feel like the TZ. One of the better ones that I remember was an Earth invasion episode that had a pretty good
ending. but it was only 15 minutes long. With a better script it could've easily been 30 minutes.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I watch the 80s revival on the horror channel sometimes. One of the problems is the super low budget, but there's some good, classic TZ in there too. I saw an 80s one the other week about a radio play where it all started to come true which I found very Serling.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 5:31am
I watch the 80s revival on the horror channel sometimes. One of the problems is the super low budget, but there's some good, classic TZ in there too. I saw an 80s one the other week about a radio play where it all started to come true which I found very Serling.
Another good one was a food critic who kept going to a Chinese diner because the fortune cookies he read came true. But again it was one of those 15 minute episodes.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

daredevil wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 11:35am
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 5:31am
Another good one was a food critic who kept going to a Chinese diner because the fortune cookies he read came true. But again it was one of those 15 minute episodes.
Perhaps the 15 min thing didnt sit too well woth me either. I dont think it os enough time to really tell the story. I sometimes wish some of the originals were longer than rhe 30 min slot.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Yeah, 15 min is too short. Short Attention Span Theater. Wasn't that a thing or something?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Great new-to-me Twilight Zone last night with Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery finding horrible, punchy love in a desolated bombed-out city.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Silent Majority wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 3:51am
Great new-to-me Twilight Zone last night with Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery finding horrible, punchy love in a desolated bombed-out city.
That one is great.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Silent Majority wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 3:51am
Love that!

I just saw Chuck in an Alfred Hitchcock ep a couple days ago where he was on the lamb and carjacked a young lady.

And speaking of Liz Montgomery, Durwood is like in 10 AH eps, at least.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I missed 2 and I am not pleased with myself.

https://metv.com/quiz/is-this-title-a-t ... floyd-song

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I missed three. :meh:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

18/20. I feel shame.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!