Nixon!

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16955
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Nixon!

Post by JennyB » 14 Feb 2018, 12:29pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 12:27pm
With my Nixon lecture coming up, and having listened to that Watergate podcast, that truly American monster has been on my mind. One weird thing is that he's, like, the only American who claimed he couldn't recall where he was when he heard JFK was killed. He was actually in Dallas that morning and flew out before the Kennedys flew in. I don't think there's anything sinister about all that, but why would he either (a) lie about not knowing where he was or (b) not come up with a lie so that he doesn't come off as some kind of weirdo?
Because Dallas is an utterly forgettable city? :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Feb 2018, 1:09pm

JennyB wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 12:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 12:27pm
With my Nixon lecture coming up, and having listened to that Watergate podcast, that truly American monster has been on my mind. One weird thing is that he's, like, the only American who claimed he couldn't recall where he was when he heard JFK was killed. He was actually in Dallas that morning and flew out before the Kennedys flew in. I don't think there's anything sinister about all that, but why would he either (a) lie about not knowing where he was or (b) not come up with a lie so that he doesn't come off as some kind of weirdo?
Because Dallas is an utterly forgettable city? :shifty:
Tell that to Oliver Stone.
Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16955
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Nixon!

Post by JennyB » 14 Feb 2018, 2:05pm

*Was* crazy?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Feb 2018, 2:08pm

JennyB wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 2:05pm
*Was* crazy?
I think he means that he's progressed to batshit.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15258
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Nixon!

Post by Rat Patrol » 14 Feb 2018, 5:59pm

Now there's a withered boomer face that has inhaled an shitlot of cocaine.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Feb 2018, 7:07pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

oliver
Junco Partner
Posts: 321
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: Nixon!

Post by oliver » 26 Feb 2018, 8:54pm

I drink your milkshake. I drink it up.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8944
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Nixon!

Post by Kory » 27 Feb 2018, 3:42pm

Over the line, Nixon. Mark it zero.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 27 Feb 2018, 4:26pm

Kory wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 3:42pm
Over the line, Nixon. Mark it zero.
You're on the enemies list!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Mar 2018, 8:13pm

Image
Hunter Thompson, swimming.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Mar 2018, 10:12am

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Apr 2018, 8:10pm

I adore Nixon's shifty eyes when he echoes JFK.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Apr 2018, 7:41pm

So, for my final exam, one of the options was a bit of time travel / historical speculation, where students are, in essence, tasked with explaining the mechanics of a particular event by removing a key element. I like to offer one wide-open kind of question for the more daring and creative (with the understanding that I expect a lot for the answer). Anyway, what does this have to do with Nixon? One response has been to prevent the War on Drugs by going back in time and doing drugs with Dick to show him how much fun it is to get stoned … and if that doesn't work, "kill him or something." There are times when I absolutely adore these kids' minds.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16955
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Nixon!

Post by JennyB » 18 Apr 2018, 9:32am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 7:41pm
So, for my final exam, one of the options was a bit of time travel / historical speculation, where students are, in essence, tasked with explaining the mechanics of a particular event by removing a key element. I like to offer one wide-open kind of question for the more daring and creative (with the understanding that I expect a lot for the answer). Anyway, what does this have to do with Nixon? One response has been to prevent the War on Drugs by going back in time and doing drugs with Dick to show him how much fun it is to get stoned … and if that doesn't work, "kill him or something." There are times when I absolutely adore these kids' minds.
Didn't Elvis do that already?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Apr 2018, 10:10am

JennyB wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 9:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 7:41pm
So, for my final exam, one of the options was a bit of time travel / historical speculation, where students are, in essence, tasked with explaining the mechanics of a particular event by removing a key element. I like to offer one wide-open kind of question for the more daring and creative (with the understanding that I expect a lot for the answer). Anyway, what does this have to do with Nixon? One response has been to prevent the War on Drugs by going back in time and doing drugs with Dick to show him how much fun it is to get stoned … and if that doesn't work, "kill him or something." There are times when I absolutely adore these kids' minds.
Didn't Elvis do that already?
Kill Nixon? I'm prepared to sit and listen to your theory …
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests