NFL Mega Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: NFL Mega Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 11:24pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 11:17pm
Flex wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 7:48pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 7:40pm
There’s a story there with Malcolm Butler. That was strange.
For sure. I super, super want to know what the hell happened there.
Weed
Well you know where he won't be playing next season
In the good graces of Jesus Christ the Lord? No, no he won't.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 7:08am
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Flex wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 7:40pm
There’s a story there with Malcolm Butler. That was strange.
Weed
Well that depends. I heard both the coach and QB from Philly personally thank God for their win.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

lol fuck indy
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 5:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Flex wrote:

Weed
Well that depends. I heard both the coach and QB from Philly personally thank God for their win.
That's almost become a cliche these days, hasn't it? I'm okay with it (I think) if it feels like it is coming from the heart and is maybe more a thank you God for giving me the ability and the chance to experience something like this versus the God actually freaking cares about who wins a football game and he wanted US to win because we're morally superior to our opponents.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 1:52pm
lol fuck indy
Is the sensible takeaway from this that McDaniels has been promised the big chair once Belichick finally loses for good to Reed Richards in their lifelong battle?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 2:16pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Weed
That's almost become a cliche these days, hasn't it? I'm okay with it (I think) if it feels like it is coming from the heart and is maybe more a thank you God for giving me the ability and the chance to experience something like this versus the God actually freaking cares about who wins a football game and he wanted US to win because we're morally superior to our opponents.
The winning team is thanking God so conversely should the losing team be blaming god? Ive yet to hear that. We played well enough to win but clearly God had sided with the other guys. We'll have to come up with some better prayers for the next game.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 2:36pm
WestwayKid wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

The winning team is thanking God so conversely should the losing team be blaming god? Ive yet to hear that. We played well enough to win but clearly God had sided with the other guys. We'll have to come up with some better prayers for the next game.
Or pick a better god. Pluto seems a good pick—literally kill your opponents, thereby making it easier to win the game.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 2:42pm
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Or pick a better god. Pluto seems a good pick—literally kill your opponents, thereby making it easier to win the game.
We're a Christian nation and football is most certainly a Christian game so your heathen gods have no place here. You can get in God's favor or perhaps make a deal with satan those are your choices.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 2:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 2:42pm
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
revbob wrote:

We're a Christian nation and football is most certainly a Christian game so your heathen gods have no place here. You can get in God's favor or perhaps make a deal with satan those are your choices.
Nah, I'm going all Moneyball here and looking for market inefficiencies. Seems to me some solid Greek gods are being undervalued and can be profitably exploited. I'm treating sports appeals to the divine with the same gung-ho innovation that America used to espouse, you damned pinko.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Flex wrote:
lol fuck indy
excuse me

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 2:17pm
Is the sensible takeaway from this that McDaniels has been promised the big chair once Belichick finally loses for good to Reed Richards in their lifelong battle?
Usually people go for the Vader comp, so I respect this.

Yeah, I gotta think so. Kraft personally reached out on this one, so I have to think that means there's an expectation that Bellichick is hanging it up in 1-2 more seasons.

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Inder wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 3:30pm
Flex wrote:
lol fuck indy
excuse me
sorry, proctologist hacked my account

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 3:31pm
Inder wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 3:30pm
Flex wrote:
lol fuck indy
excuse me
sorry, proctologist hacked my account

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I wonder if God bets on games? It would totally suck if he placed a wager against your favorite team. Guaranteed loss.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble