Annoying YouTube comments...

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Annoying YouTube comments...

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 2:30pm
I posted about this recently but it is scientific fact that the music from your teen years has a major impact on your brain and it is to do with raging hormones. As teenagers are flooded with hormones their emotions are all over the place, they like things more than at any other time in their life as well as hating things more. Same reason they have crushes on people and ‘first loves’ that stay with them for life.
So why is my favourite music from before I got any real hormones? 78 to 82?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Wolter wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 1:55pm
I feel like I’m constantly discovering new music.

It’s just mostly new to me, not current.
This is my default position too. I listen to quite a lot of radio because it always alerts me to new music which usually isn’t all that new at all. I remember the late AA Gill saying he never read books by living authors and I can see that in relation to music too, there’s already more there than we could possibly get to grips with in a single lifetime. It’s fun trying anyway I guess.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 3:28pm
101Walterton wrote:
I posted about this recently but it is scientific fact that the music from your teen years has a major impact on your brain and it is to do with raging hormones. As teenagers are flooded with hormones their emotions are all over the place, they like things more than at any other time in their life as well as hating things more. Same reason they have crushes on people and ‘first loves’ that stay with them for life.
Mine is mostly things I discovered in my 20s and 30s recorded from between 1966-1985.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 3:30pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Mine is mostly things I discovered in my 20s and 30s recorded from between 1966-1985.
Your balls dropped quite late!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 3:39pm
Wolter wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 3:30pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Your balls dropped quite late!
Well, that and I grew up in the early 90s with no internet and mainly a K-Mart as the source of music until I was like 18.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 3:46pm
Well, that and I grew up in the early 90s with no internet and mainly a K-Mart as the source of music until I was like 18.
Subtract the, what, eight-year age difference between us and it was the same for me. Actually, that also explains why my musical interests expanded considerably at age sixteen: I got a driver's license and could occasionally drive to Saskatoon, an hour and a half away, to independent and used record shops. And then once I was in university there in my early 20s. Otherwise, yeah, my hometown record stores supplied top 40 and that was it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

https://youtube.adblockplus.me/

^^Install this adblock filter on your browser filter. Works with AdBlock Plus or uBlock. You will never see a single YT comment ever again. Ever.

Just fucking do it already. You will never again feel the need to react to some stupid fucknut's stupidest take in the world on music you are voluntarily listening to in hopes of carving out a few minutes of takez-untainted enjoyment. :!:

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

I've probably scanned YouTube comments maybe 25 times in my life, and only -only- ever to try to find out some musical info about recording dates, personnel, etc. (and the info was usually empirically wrong).

YouTube comments were the template for Facebook and Twitter - i.e. the nadir of public discourse.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston

Post by Heston »

Rat Patrol wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 4:55pm
https://youtube.adblockplus.me/

^^Install this adblock filter on your browser filter. Works with AdBlock Plus or uBlock. You will never see a single YT comment ever again. Ever.

Just fucking do it already. You will never again feel the need to react to some stupid fucknut's stupidest take in the world on music you are voluntarily listening to in hopes of carving out a few minutes of takez-untainted enjoyment. :!:
And miss out on shit like this? The comments for Christine Sixteen by KISS...
Such a peaceful intro for a song about a pedophilia

They were in there 20's when they wrote this.. still illegal but not as creepy.

What is more fucked up is fags bitching on their computer about rockers while their own genitalia shrinks from sight.

I'm in my 50s and singing it. I was a senior in HS when this song came out. I don't deflower 16 yr olds. I like to listen to it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

WestwayKid wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 9:06am
"they don't make music like this anymore"
Greg Kihn managed to insert that comment right in his song!!! ;)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 12:23pm
I was about 7 or 8 when I loved The Sweet and Bay City Rollers, 10 when I first heard the Sex Pistols...They are all still with me, well except the Rollers
Bye bye baby. You know the Ramones could've covered that and it wouldve been great.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 6:55pm
coffeepotman wrote:
I was about 7 or 8 when I loved The Sweet and Bay City Rollers, 10 when I first heard the Sex Pistols...They are all still with me, well except the Rollers
Bye bye baby. You know the Ramones could've covered that and it wouldve been great.
I think they would have knocked a great version of "I Love You Love Me Love" by you know who. That is a really great track that I can never really listen to again.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 6:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
I think they would have knocked a great version of "I Love You Love Me Love" by you know who. That is a really great track that I can never really listen to again.
I don't have a problem listening to any of his songs. The evil stuff he did was years after those songs were released. A good song is still a good song either way. Why should other members of the Glitter band have to suffer because he's a two-bob cunt.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 7:00pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
I don't have a problem listening to any of his songs. The evil stuff he did was years after those songs were released. A good song is still a good song either way. Why should other members of the Glitter band have to suffer because he's a two-bob cunt.
I'll admit to listening to it in the car but I won't have it on at my next dinner party.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 7:05pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 7:00pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
I'll admit to listening to it in the car but I won't have it on at my next dinner party.
Your guests probably wouldn't like your hair or the clothes you love to wear. They wouldn't understand you were just an angel in disguise.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia