What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:47pm
Addendum: do you have the "final" version of CZ? I know there's a lot of copies floating around in various stages of completion and I'm not sure which one I have.
I think the most recent copy I obtained was via Marky, who played around with stuff (as is his wont) and included some additional takes and backing tracks that we had each accumulated thru various sources.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:42pm
I'm listening to this band, Maxïmo Park, because I heard they were influenced by Magazine, but they just sound like the clutch of neo-post-punk bands from the 2000's.
They are from up the road to me and are terrible. The Futureheads were cut from the same cloth and were better.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 5:27pm
Kory wrote:
I'm listening to this band, Maxïmo Park, because I heard they were influenced by Magazine, but they just sound like the clutch of neo-post-punk bands from the 2000's.
They are from up the road to me and are terrible. The Futureheads were cut from the same cloth and were better.
I didn't like what I heard of the Futureheads. It seemed like they thought every single line had to end with a four part harmony.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 6:06pm
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
I didn't like what I heard of the Futureheads. It seemed like they thought every single line had to end with a four part harmony.
This is totally perfect New Wave pop:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:52pm
Kory wrote:
Addendum: do you have the "final" version of CZ? I know there's a lot of copies floating around in various stages of completion and I'm not sure which one I have.
I think the most recent copy I obtained was via Marky, who played around with stuff (as is his wont) and included some additional takes and backing tracks that we had each accumulated thru various sources.
If you ever get time and think of it, could you post the tracklist so's I may compare? I'm not sure if I have that version.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 6:07pm
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
That was pretty decent. I wonder what song I was listening to.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
If you ever get time and think of it, could you post the tracklist so's I may compare? I'm not sure if I have that version.
I was wrong (sorta). Marky's work-up of CZ is the regular running order of Levene's boot. The outtakes set is separate and the same as this: http://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.ca/2014 ... oughs.html

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 6:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
This is a good one as well...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 6:17pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I was wrong (sorta). Marky's work-up of CZ is the regular running order of Levene's boot. The outtakes set is separate and the same as this: http://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.ca/2014 ... oughs.html
Ah cool, thanks!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
There are two slightly different vinyl boots of CZ. One of them has slightly longer takes of a couple of takes. I have one of the vinyls and the upload is taken from that. A lot of what is floating around the web is sourced from mp3's.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 6:20pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 6:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:

This is a good one as well...

Their Hounds of Love cover is cool.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 7:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
There are two slightly different vinyl boots of CZ. One of them has slightly longer takes of a couple of takes. I have one of the vinyls and the upload is taken from that. A lot of what is floating around the web is sourced from mp3's.
Do you know offhand any easy way to tell which one I have?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I think the Futureheads had something to say. Maximo Park, with about three songs that I like, fall into the category of middle tier landfill indie.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:01pm
I think the Futureheads had something to say. Maximo Park, with about three songs that I like, fall into the category of middle tier landfill indie.
I want this to be an official genre. It'd make things much easier for me.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:02pm
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:01pm
I want this to be an official genre. It'd make things much easier for me.
The Pigeon Detectives, a shit band I very much love, are lower tier landfill indie.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/