The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:04pm
Just saw an episode where Homer goes to rock n roll fantasy camp and now I am very, very sad. By all rights, everyone involved should have committed seppuku.
I hate that one.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Just saw an episode where Homer goes to rock n roll fantasy camp and now I am very, very sad. By all rights, everyone involved should have committed seppuku.
I hate that one.
Nothing in that one at all. Brainless.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 2:24pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hate that one.
Not according to the crickets. From the Wikipedia entry:
In 2003, Annie Alleman of The Herald News named the episode her all-time favorite Simpsons episode.[3] The same year, writers of Entertainment Weekly listed it as the twenty-second best Simpsons episode of all time. They elaborated that "You've gotta admire a show that lands the greatest names in rock and then gives them as much respect as a brown M&M. [...] While rockers have always shone in 'Simpsons' solos, the Stones so giddily mock their hall-of-fame status it makes "Strummer" the series' Woodstock: a classic-rock show even Disco Stu could get behind."[4] Robert Canning of IGN in a Flashback Review gave the episode an 8.6 saying it was "Great" and also stated " In a season that I generally see as ho-hum ("Pray Anything" is the only other episode I rate highly), "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" simply rocks".[5] In 2007, Simon Crerar of The Times listed Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Elvis Costello and Lenny Kravitz's performances among the thirty-three funniest cameos in the history of the show.[6] In 2011, Kravitz revealed that his greatest achievement was the appearance on The Simpsons in the eyes of his young relatives. He explained that "To my nieces and nephews appearing on 'The Simpsons' was when I actually made it. All the other stuff doesn't count."[7] New York magazine named the episode one of the top ten later Simpsons episodes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_I_Spe ... r_Vacation

X(
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

The only laugh in that one that I remember is when Homer swipes Costello’s glasses and the latter shrieks “MY IMAGE!”
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 2:47pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hate that one.
In 2003, Annie Alleman of The Herald News named the episode her all-time favorite Simpsons episode.[3] The same year, writers of Entertainment Weekly listed it as the twenty-second best Simpsons episode of all time. They elaborated that "You've gotta admire a show that lands the greatest names in rock and then gives them as much respect as a brown M&M. [...] While rockers have always shone in 'Simpsons' solos, the Stones so giddily mock their hall-of-fame status it makes "Strummer" the series' Woodstock: a classic-rock show even Disco Stu could get behind."[4] Robert Canning of IGN in a Flashback Review gave the episode an 8.6 saying it was "Great" and also stated " In a season that I generally see as ho-hum ("Pray Anything" is the only other episode I rate highly), "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" simply rocks".[5] In 2007, Simon Crerar of The Times listed Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Elvis Costello and Lenny Kravitz's performances among the thirty-three funniest cameos in the history of the show.[6] In 2011, Kravitz revealed that his greatest achievement was the appearance on The Simpsons in the eyes of his young relatives. He explained that "To my nieces and nephews appearing on 'The Simpsons' was when I actually made it. All the other stuff doesn't count."[7] New York magazine named the episode one of the top ten later Simpsons episodes.

X(
It's got to be a good episode, Mick Jagger and Lenny Kravitz are in it seems to be the point of view.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 2:47pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hate that one.

X(
It's got to be a good episode, Mick Jagger and Lenny Kravitz are in it seems to be the point of view.
It's a bit too Scooby-Doo, I think.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I enjoyed EC's bit in that ep:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:33pm
Boy, you really don't read this thread.
Wolter wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
The only laugh in that one that I remember is when Homer swipes Costello’s glasses and the latter shrieks “MY IMAGE!”

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:27pm
matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
You did it wrong! :angry:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:44pm
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I don't know how!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 9:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:44pm
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I don't know how!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Whatever, Medulla and Mah were quote vomiting each other and I missed Wolt’s tiny comment.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

People sum up their life with one Simpsons screenshot: http://cheezburger.com/4616453/13-peopl ... creenshots

Mine: