Oh Canada!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Oh Canada!

Post by Kory »

Now that's some millennial hipster shit.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Kory wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 6:56pm
Now that's some millennial hipster shit.
28 cans short! USA USA

Cheaper too.

BostonBeaneater

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 2:34pm
Well looks like I'll be vetoing that one for the move, too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
There honestly isn't a huge distinction between Loserpeg (I'm from Saskatchewan; I'm obliged to say that) and Minneapolis. If you hate Winnipeg, you'd probably hate spending the night on Spiff's couch. Winnipeg does have the distinction of having a French flavour to it, tho, dating back to the mid-19th c.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 3:24pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
There honestly isn't a huge distinction between Loserpeg (I'm from Saskatchewan; I'm obliged to say that) and Minneapolis. If you hate Winnipeg, you'd probably hate spending the night on Spiff's couch. Winnipeg does have the distinction of having a French flavour to it, tho, dating back to the mid-19th c.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 4:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 3:24pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
But there's more: the French component is predominantly Metis (those of aboriginal-European ancestry). The missuz is Metis, tho her European forebears are Scottish, which has encouraged any number of jokes made by me about which side in her background is more savage (answer: Team Haggis).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

BostonBeaneater

Inder wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 12:28am
That’s pretty Canadian.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

When I was a kid we would pour water over the road at night so it would freeze. We would then play ice hockey on it in the morning although no one had ice skates or ice hockey sticks. The only thing we did have was a genuine puck that one of mates brought back from a holiday with family in Canada.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 2:34am
When I was a kid we would pour water over the road at night so it would freeze. We would then play ice hockey on it in the morning although no one had ice skates or ice hockey sticks. The only thing we did have was a genuine puck that one of mates brought back from a holiday with family in Canada.
If you didn't have sticks, I don't think you played hockey.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 7:17am
101Walterton wrote:
We had normal hockey sticks and a few homemade ones.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 2:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Like field hockey sticks? Okay, close enough for government work.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 2:27pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Yep but the old fashion long ones not like the ones they use now with the short curved end (none of us actually played hockey we pinched them off older sisters etc..)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 2:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 2:27pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Yep but the old fashion long ones not like the ones they use now with the short curved end (none of us actually played hockey we pinched them off older sisters etc..)
I don't remember anyone playing field hockey in Saskatchewan—which is odd, actually, given how big ice hockey is—but floor hockey was big in school. Same as regular hockey but in running shoes and plastic sticks and puck. Preferable for us dorks who couldn't skate worth a damn.