Sublime Moments.

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Sublime Moments.

Post by Heston »

Going Underground, that bit where Weller sings, "these braying sheep on my tv screen make this boy shout, make this boy scream", then goes into a serious key change and that searing guitar lick comes in.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:27pm
Going Underground, that bit where Weller sings, "these braying sheep on my tv screen make this boy shout, make this boy scream", then goes into a serious key change and that searing guitar lick comes in.
Keep in mind that I love the song—an undeniable classic in Weller's ledger—but I don't care for Foxton's echoing Weller's “going underground” line. There's something wimpy about it coming after Weller snarling. Shut up, bass guy, and let the guy with the increasingly bad haircuts do his thing.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:39pm
Heston wrote:
Keep in mind that I love the song—an undeniable classic in Weller's ledger—but I don't care for Foxton's echoing Weller's “going underground” line. There's something wimpy about it coming after Weller snarling. Shut up, bass guy, and let the guy with the increasingly bad haircuts do his thing.
I'm totally with you. I love Bruce but an echo of Weller's voice or nothing would have been better.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
I'm totally with you. I love Bruce but an echo of Weller's voice or nothing would have been better.
But that minor gripe aside, what a song. I should be sick of it by now but it still gets me every time I hear it.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:44pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
But that minor gripe aside, what a song. I should be sick of it by now but it still gets me every time I hear it.
Agree with all comments.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
I expected Limey defiance on this point. You're back in my will.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:50pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
As long as you leave me your sweatshirts.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
They come with Swans dvd's and some kind of “spend the night in a haunted house” hoo-ha. I may not be rich, but my will pretend to be so.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:54pm
Swans dvd's

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:54pm
Swans dvd's
We'll always have those two wonderful evenings in the challenge thread.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Fuck the sweatshirts if Medulla turns up dead in a trash can I’m going after the FB3 deniyers!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

This thread suddenly took a dark turn😩

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 12:11am
The spirit of Vince cannot be exorcised.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 7:32am
101Walterton wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 12:11am
The spirit of Vince cannot be exorcised.
His ghost has unfinished business with your throat.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

If you are unaware of this you will be amazed at the sublimeness of the Merry Clayton vocal at 2:30 in the clip. I don't even know if sublime is the word for this but it gives me chills every time I hear it.....