Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:30pm
Just saw the runner up to the runner up for president at the grocery store. He knows his produce.
You missed your chance to tell him that the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty meh.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 1:38pm
revbob wrote:
Just saw the runner up to the runner up for president at the grocery store. He knows his produce.
You missed your chance to tell him that the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty meh.
At least one of us would have found it funny. I almost disnt see him. I saw his wife first and was thinking she looks familiar, thrn I saw them together.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 2:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
At least one of us would have found it funny. I almost disnt see him. I saw his wife first and was thinking she looks familiar, thrn I saw them together.
Have you met him before?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
He is produce.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I don't usually watch the Golden Globes, but if last night was any indication of past shows, then blergh. It was bloody awful.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 8:44am
I don't usually watch the Golden Globes, but if last night was any indication of past shows, then blergh. It was bloody awful.
From John Ralston Saul's The Doubter's Companion:
Award Show: Mechanism by which the members of a given profession attempt to give themselves the attributes of the pre-modern ruling classes—the military, aristocracy and priesthood—by assigning various orders, decorations and medals to each other.

These shows are a superficial expression of corporatism. As with the pre-modern classes, their awards relate principally to relationships within the profession. Each time the words “I want to thank” are used by someone being decorated, they indicate a relationship based on power. The awards have little to do with that corporation’s relationship to the outside world—what you might call the public—or for that matter with quality.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

So back in the early 90s I bought a really cool and long since discontinued winter hat with the Alternative Tentacles logo on it. Eventually I had kids and they started wearing it. They would lose it from time to time then about 2 years ago it disappeared seemingly for good. Then Im at the grocery store today and I see this guy wearing the same hat. Sure he could have bought one of his own but those are some long odds.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How have I never heard of this before?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 9:26am
The theme song or the show??

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 9:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 9:26am
The theme song or the show??
Both, I guess. But the show. It seems very SCTV.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 7:53pm
So back in the early 90s I bought a really cool and long since discontinued winter hat with the Alternative Tentacles logo on it. Eventually I had kids and they started wearing it. They would lose it from time to time then about 2 years ago it disappeared seemingly for good. Then Im at the grocery store today and I see this guy wearing the same hat. Sure he could have bought one of his own but those are some long odds.
The jocks in my Boston area high school wore those letterman jackets. On guy who grew up on my street had one with his nickname, Snake, on the sleeve. 20 years later I was in a bar in Jackson Heights, Queens and there was a guy wearing that very jacket. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Snake McDermott.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 3:05am
revbob wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 7:53pm
The jocks in my Boston area high school wore those letterman jackets. On guy who grew up on my street had one with his nickname, Snake, on the sleeve. 20 years later I was in a bar in Jackson Heights, Queens and there was a guy wearing that very jacket. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Snake McDermott.
Its my hat damnit and Im plotting how to get it back.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Wonder what 101 has been up to lately?

Wonder no more:

Kiwi jams police frequency with N.W.A. song "Fuck Tha Police" for days on end.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 2:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Have you met him before?
Every one in Vermont knows one another.

See the "Alternative Tentacles" anecdote upthread as proof.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.