MLB 2017

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 5:03pm
This deal is so conflicting. Of course I hate that the Yankees pulled off a sweet coup that makes them markedly batter, but I do love Jeets looking like both an asshole and an incompetent.
I'm not conflicted at all. Jeets is a big boy who knew what he was getting into, and he's with The Other 29 now as competition so it's dog-eat-dog. Sucks to be him that his FO is this incompetent that it thought a bluff that transparent would actually work...but many stupider people have come and gone making objectively horrible roster decisions for MLB teams so that's not a point of sympathy.

The only thing that really sticks in my craw is how an ownership group so dangerously under-capitalized ever got unanimous approval from the other MLB owners in the first place. Like...haven't all the Big 3 major sports been laughing hysterically at Gary Bettman for 20 years now over some of the in-over-their-heads yahoos the NHL has been rubber-stamping as owners then having to bail out? I thought "no more leper colonies" was league-office dogma now into the second decade of MLB's Pax Romana of labor peace and sky-high profits. Were they that in the tank for delivering Loria's golden parachute that this shit somehow didn't stink to them, or do they just not care because billionaires in 2017 just gonna #MAGA till they're launched into the sun by the Revolution?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 5:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 5:03pm
This deal is so conflicting. Of course I hate that the Yankees pulled off a sweet coup that makes them markedly batter, but I do love Jeets looking like both an asshole and an incompetent.
I'm not conflicted at all.
Not to be obvious or anything, but I can't imagine why you would be!
The only thing that really sticks in my craw is how an ownership group so dangerously under-capitalized ever got unanimous approval from the other MLB owners in the first place. Like...haven't all the Big 3 major sports been laughing hysterically at Gary Bettman for 20 years now over some of the in-over-their-heads yahoos the NHL has been rubber-stamping as owners then having to bail out? I thought "no more leper colonies" was league-office dogma now into the second decade of MLB's Pax Romana of labor peace and sky-high profits. Were they that in the tank for delivering Loria's golden parachute that this shit somehow didn't stink to them, or do they just not care because billionaires in 2017 just gonna #MAGA till they're launched into the sun by the Revolution?
I agree. It's crazy that they'd approve sale to a group who, by necessity not choice, has to make a team on the cusp of competitiveness a teardown operation for who knows how many years. And this is a franchise that has routinely kicked its fan in the nuts. How much longer will he take it? Isn't question one at figurative interview, Can you assure that this team with be competitive with other major league clubs? There's no scandal of Jeets helping his old team; the scandal is how he managed to be part of the winning bid.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Inder wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 4:29pm
From the Reddit thread about this tweet:
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 9.39.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 9.39.23 PM.png (123.71 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

...and holy shit, the Jeetfish are on the hook for $30M in deferred salary starting in 2021 if he doesn't opt-out. 7 consecutive years of basically a 7th inning setup ace's share of payroll lit up in smoke in a desperate gambit to save their wobbly pyramid scheme from immediate Year 1 implosion going into this week's Winter Meetings. What a grand kakistocracy it is we live in!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2174 ... bari-blash

Wow. Cashman goads the Padres into swallowing hard on all $13M of the Chase Headley Homecoming, and it only cost them Some Dude Bryan Mitchell. Because Chase Fucking Headley is clearly the missing piece for a team that's averaged 91 losses the last 3 years.

$33M under the lux tax after acquiring Stanton, and we haven't even seen yet if there's a GM out there pants-on-head dumb enough to step up and take on more than 4 cents worth of Ellsbury's contract. Stupidball is back in the roto-leagues, yo!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Rat Patrol wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 7:36pm
, and we haven't even seen yet if there's a GM out there pants-on-head dumb enough to step up and take on more than 4 cents worth of Ellsbury's contract. Stupidball is back in the roto-leagues, yo!
Well, Vernon Wells is finally of our books....
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Sorry, Tep.

”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Jeff Passan is a bitch looking for retweets. He must have some free time after getting Reggie Bush's mom evicted from her house. I'm not concerned in the slightest.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Eppler statement: “Shohei underwent a thorough physical with MRI scans to both his elbow and his shoulder. Those are scans we conduct whenever we sign a pitcher. Based on the readings of those MRIs, there are not signs of acute trauma in the elbow. It looks consistent with players his age. We are pleased with the results of the physical and we are very happy to have the player."
from Jon Heyman - Even with ucl issue (yahoo report) ohtani is a $200M talent, one evaluator says.
Sorry Jeff Passan and his dumb blog

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

No one on the radio this morning was concerned. I usually listen to baseball talk on satellite when I drive in.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Attn Wolter:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I like how ARod's likability goes up a half tick when he kisses himself in the mirror.