Hey Limeys...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

All true apart the "spooktacular" one don't know that. Looks at his watch one minute after being asked "what's the time?".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 8:55pm
All true apart the "spooktacular" one don't know that. Looks at his watch one minute after being asked "what's the time?".
Thank goodness for that. Maybe it's a Geordieland term.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I feel like 90% of that account is applicable to anyone raised to be passive-aggressively polite, and also to not be a bother to others.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 9:36pm
I feel like 90% of that account is applicable to anyone raised to be passive-aggressively polite, and also to not be a bother to others.
Eric Idle wrote:Are you embarrassed easily? I am. But it's nothing to worry about, it's all part of growing up and being British.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 9:41pm
Wolter wrote:
Eric Idle wrote:Are you embarrassed easily? I am. But it's nothing to worry about, it's all part of growing up and being British.
I'm not so sure I agree with Eric here. Especially as he does not come from the England that I do. Those Oxbridge boys may well suffer embarrassment in their polite society but it doesn't exist in mine. All the other stuff that Wolt mentioned about passive-aggressive is spot on but not the embarrassment bit.

It may well also be part of those from the previous generation. I see it occurring less and less with each new generation. Britishness is a thing of old when it comes to politeness and manners. Not really a good thing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 10:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I'm not so sure I agree with Eric here. Especially as he does not come from the England that I do. Those Oxbridge boys may well suffer embarrassment in their polite society but it doesn't exist in mine. All the other stuff that Wolt mentioned about passive-aggressive is spot on but not the embarrassment bit.

It may well also be part of those from the previous generation. I see it occurring less and less with each new generation. Britishness is a thing of old when it comes to politeness and manners. Not really a good thing.
So, pro- or anti-Morrissey? :shifty:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 10:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

I don't hanker for his type of Englishness at all. An England that belongs to those born and bred here. England is for anyone who is born anywhere in the world. An Englishman that Morrissey wishes to be does not exist and has not existed for a few hundred years.

However and whoever you are there is absolutely no reason not to show respect and have good manners. I dislike arrogance ignorance and insincerity.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 10:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

I don't hanker for his type of Englishness at all. An England that belongs to those born and bred here. England is for anyone who is born anywhere in the world. An Englishman that Morrissey wishes to be does not exist and has not existed for a few hundred years.

However and whoever you are there is absolutely no reason not to show respect and have good manners. I dislike arrogance ignorance and insincerity.
I live in a city that is about as multi cultural as it can be. I am also an immigrant albeit one of many from my tribe. I live here because I love the multi cultural society. My kids don’t know any different and genuinely don’t see colour ( to the Poiint that they fail to mention that the mate from school they brought home isn’t being rude he just doesn’t speak English).
My point? There has been a shit storm here over the rugby League World Cup. A number of ‘stars’ who it was presumed would play for New Zealand opted to play for Tonga their country of birth or origin. To make matters worse they opted to play for virtually nothing instead of a fat pay cheque from NZRL. The enevitable happened and NZ played Tonga and Tonga won. Kiwis were up in arms about it but I think it is brilliant. Be proud of your heritage you don’t have to lose it because you live overseas. It is the mix of culture that makes NZ great.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 1:44am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I live in a city that is about as multi cultural as it can be. I am also an immigrant albeit one of many from my tribe. I live here because I love the multi cultural society. My kids don’t know any different and genuinely don’t see colour ( to the Poiint that they fail to mention that the mate from school they brought home isn’t being rude he just doesn’t speak English).
My point? There has been a shit storm here over the rugby League World Cup. A number of ‘stars’ who it was presumed would play for New Zealand opted to play for Tonga their country of birth or origin. To make matters worse they opted to play for virtually nothing instead of a fat pay cheque from NZRL. The enevitable happened and NZ played Tonga and Tonga won. Kiwis were up in arms about it but I think it is brilliant. Be proud of your heritage you don’t have to lose it because you live overseas. It is the mix of culture that makes NZ great.
I agree there is nothing wrong with anybody's heritage. I just don't believe because you are from a certain place that you have a born right to call it yours.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 2:02am
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I agree there is nothing wrong with anybody's heritage. I just don't believe because you are from a certain place that you have a born right to call it yours.
Yep we are all just temporary visitors. Enjoy it while you are here but be proud of who you are.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Agree completely, that's a fantastic story. Remember when Wilfried Zaha declared for the Ivory Coast last year and was hammered by a few little englanders like Danny Mills who basically called him a loser, taking the easy option etc. I'd love to see more of that happen in sport, as opposed to the opposite scenario where nationality is a mere flag of convenience to suit their careers and their bank balance.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 8:30am
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Agree completely, that's a fantastic story. Remember when Wilfried Zaha declared for the Ivory Coast last year and was hammered by a few little englanders like Danny Mills who basically called him a loser, taking the easy option etc. I'd love to see more of that happen in sport, as opposed to the opposite scenario where nationality is a mere flag of convenience to suit their careers and their bank balance.
Yes and I remember a few years ago some Tory politician made some statement about Indian and Pakistanis living in Britain and the test as to whether they were British or not was what cricket team they supported.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 2:47pm
Low Down Low wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yes and I remember a few years ago some Tory politician made some statement about Indian and Pakistanis living in Britain and the test as to whether they were British or not was what cricket team they supported.
Some of my African friends had to do that stupid government test regards nationality. I gave it to a couple of home grown English lads and they scored worse than my African pals. Fucking funny.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 3:44pm
101Walterton wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 2:47pm
Low Down Low wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Some of my African friends had to do that stupid government test regards nationality. I gave it to a couple of home grown English lads and they scored worse than my African pals. Fucking funny.
Is that a test for citizenship? Im quite sure a good number of our natural born citizens couldnt pass either.