Best side of Sandinista!....

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Best side of Sandinista!....

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 4:55am
Low Down Low wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 9:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 9:21pm
Low Down Low wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 9:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 8:11pm
I love it all. Like any record by anybody you can take or leave what you are in the mood for. As fot the pre CD days without skipping and programing I bet there are very few who bought vinyl that didn't put their faves on a cassette.
Didn't the band have some beef with the record company over stores offering to tape selected songs from S! at a reduced price? Something to do with the Home Taping Is Killing Music label or something like that, sketchy on the details.
That sounds like something they would advocate.
Yes, I should point out it was the record co what was agin it. I think its covered in LGIT but dont have a copy to hand right now.
That was for Combat Rock. They recalled some copies and had it removed, saying, "We don't care how many people tape our music."
Yeah I remember that two bob logo being on some copies.

Hey Sony here's a clue. If you don't want people to tape music at home then don't sell them blank tapes...you greedy fuckers.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 4:55am
Low Down Low wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 9:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 9:21pm
Low Down Low wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 9:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 8:11pm
I love it all. Like any record by anybody you can take or leave what you are in the mood for. As fot the pre CD days without skipping and programing I bet there are very few who bought vinyl that didn't put their faves on a cassette.
Didn't the band have some beef with the record company over stores offering to tape selected songs from S! at a reduced price? Something to do with the Home Taping Is Killing Music label or something like that, sketchy on the details.
That sounds like something they would advocate.
Yes, I should point out it was the record co what was agin it. I think its covered in LGIT but dont have a copy to hand right now.
That was for Combat Rock. They recalled some copies and had it removed, saying, "We don't care how many people tape our music."
Ah yeah that's right, but I think the genesis of it all was the fact that instead of buying the record, people in the US had been buying selected tracks on tape for a knockdown price. Am open to correction but believe S! was more expensive to buy in the US where the band's value for money policy didn't apply so of course they had to be in favour of it.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Inder wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 1:53pm
CK had that great cartoon in Showdown — two confused mohawked punks, "Maybe the band is called Sandinista and the album is called The Clash?"
Found it!
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 2.37.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 2.37.38 AM.png (522.19 KiB) Viewed 1806 times

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Inder wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 3:48pm
Inder wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 1:53pm
CK had that great cartoon in Showdown — two confused mohawked punks, "Maybe the band is called Sandinista and the album is called The Clash?"
Found it!

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 2.37.38 AM.png
I remember seeing that, and I think it's brilliant. Sandanista! can fuck up so many people's preconceptions of The Clash that it is worth all six sides just for that. Plus you get five sides of good music, too.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sandinista! Is truly awesome. Fuck 36 tracks and people groan about some duff tracks. Plenty of bands released single albums with only 10 tracks and still had duff tracks. Sandinista! Is magnificent.

As funny as that cartoon is it still shows up stupid punk rockers only wanting 1-2-3-4 punk.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 5:07pm
Sandinista! Is truly awesome. Fuck 36 tracks and people groan about some duff tracks. Plenty of bands released single albums with only 10 tracks and still had duff tracks. Sandinista! Is magnificent.

As funny as that cartoon is it still shows up stupid punk rockers only wanting 1-2-3-4 punk.
That's spot on I reckon. The Stone Roses released a single album with a backwards track on it and that's still talked about as one of the greatest albums ever released.