Psychedelic Furs anyone?

General music discussion.
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Psychedelic Furs anyone?

Post by dave202 »

I've been playing what I have left by this band over the last few days, and enjoying it all very much. Now I'm beginning to notice what has gone missing over the years. Can anyone point me towards the 7" version of Sister Europe (if I remember, just a wee bit shorter and a tad tighter than the album) and the b-side ****. Buggered if I can remember what **** represents, but I'd love to find out. Many thanks if you can.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Psychedelic Furs anyone?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

dave202 wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 11:17am
I've been playing what I have left by this band over the last few days, and enjoying it all very much. Now I'm beginning to notice what has gone missing over the years. Can anyone point me towards the 7" version of Sister Europe (if I remember, just a wee bit shorter and a tad tighter than the album) and the b-side ****. Buggered if I can remember what **** represents, but I'd love to find out. Many thanks if you can.
My very quick check shows the 7" on this compilation: https://www.discogs.com/Psychedelic-Fur ... se/2085765

The b-side might require actually locating the original vinyl.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

They actually do have a B-sides comp: https://www.discogs.com/The-Psychedelic ... se/1042723

Not sure if it's totally completist, though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 2:29pm
They actually do have a B-sides comp: https://www.discogs.com/The-Psychedelic ... se/1042723

That one is woth it for the remix of “Shock.” One of those remixes that blows away the original mix.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 2:44pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 2:29pm

That one is woth it for the remix of “Shock.” One of those remixes that blows away the original mix.
This.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Equaliser
Dirty Punk

Post by Equaliser »

***** is just a white noise snippet similar to the intro to India. The best rare b-side is the Dumb Waiters single's flip an instrumental named Dash that totally rocks and seems to have never been re-issued in any way. If you recall the Dumb Waiters single had a flexi glued to the cover that was an advert for the new album, believe it or not the ad is on the CD re-issue but the totally rocking b-side was ignored?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Equaliser wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 7:08pm
***** is just a white noise snippet similar to the intro to India. The best rare b-side is the Dumb Waiters single's flip an instrumental named Dash that totally rocks and seems to have never been re-issued in any way. If you recall the Dumb Waiters single had a flexi glued to the cover that was an advert for the new album, believe it or not the ad is on the CD re-issue but the totally rocking b-side was ignored?
Here's "Dash" for those that need it.

https://mega.nz/#!n0EEhT7I!AzjCHJlks0Np ... L6R0PIiTGk

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 8:18pm
Equaliser wrote:

Cool. You're a so-so dude (I'm keeping you humble in response to all the praise in other threads ;) ).

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 8:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Equaliser wrote:

Cool. You're a so-so dude (I'm keeping you humble in response to all the praise in other threads ;) ).
I know what I am and no amount of faint praise can change that. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 8:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Equaliser wrote:

"If I knew myself, I'd run away.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 8:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 8:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Equaliser wrote:

"If I knew myself, I'd run away.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
That actually sounds like a furs lyric.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Equaliser
Dirty Punk

Post by Equaliser »

Wow thanks! My vinyl rip of this is very noisy as my copy of the single is a bit rough.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Equaliser wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 11:07am
Wow thanks! My vinyl rip of this is very noisy as my copy of the single is a bit rough.
You are welcome mate. :cool:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia