Quiz Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15479
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by JennyB » 06 Nov 2017, 12:01pm

Flex wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 11:54am
15/20. I am proud to say that I did not get the one in the upper right corner.
I did. :disshame:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71596
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Nov 2017, 12:39pm

Flex wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 11:54am
15/20. I am proud to say that I did not get the one in the upper right corner.
Nor did I. The one I should have got is in the lower right corner.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 8044
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Inder » 06 Nov 2017, 1:01pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 12:39pm
Flex wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 11:54am
15/20. I am proud to say that I did not get the one in the upper right corner.
Nor did I. The one I should have got is in the lower right corner.
15/20.

Track 3 on top-right is a dead giveaway. I missed the lower-right one as well, though. 😩

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26220
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Heston » 06 Nov 2017, 1:13pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 9:56am
https://www.sporcle.com/games/bhenderso ... n-the-back
15/20. Only one that I missed that I should have gotten.
17/20

Never got Live, Jay Z and Aerosmith.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7538
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Kory » 06 Nov 2017, 1:30pm

14/20
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4546
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by daredevil » 06 Nov 2017, 1:32pm

14/20
should've scored 15/ 20. I knew the sinead o'connor one but I kept misspelling her name.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15479
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by JennyB » 06 Nov 2017, 1:43pm

I'm kicking all of your butts by being married to someone with terrible music taste.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71596
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Nov 2017, 1:44pm

JennyB wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 1:43pm
I'm kicking all of your butts by being married to someone with terrible music taste.
Lemons into lemonade explained.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7538
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Kory » 06 Nov 2017, 2:39pm

daredevil wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 1:32pm
14/20
should've scored 15/ 20. I knew the sinead o'connor one but I kept misspelling her name.
I usually just go the Hartman-as-Sinatra route and call her Uncle Fester. I guess that wouldn't have helped here, though.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5388
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by revbob » 06 Nov 2017, 7:13pm

15/20, my knowledge of 80s metal is fairly good. Mine were in a list so no upper right etc. Didnt get Adelle, Eagles, Eminem, Live nor Mariah Carrey so Ill say thats quite nearly perfect.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71596
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Nov 2017, 7:16pm

revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:13pm
15/20, my knowledge of 80s metal is fairly good. Mine were in a list so no upper right etc. Didnt get Adelle, Eagles, Eminem, Live nor Mariah Carrey so Ill say thats quite nearly perfect.
Swap Eminem for Maiden and that was my result.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5388
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by revbob » 06 Nov 2017, 7:21pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:16pm
revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:13pm
15/20, my knowledge of 80s metal is fairly good. Mine were in a list so no upper right etc. Didnt get Adelle, Eagles, Eminem, Live nor Mariah Carrey so Ill say thats quite nearly perfect.
Swap Eminem for Maiden and that was my result.
I know two bands who recorded a song "Where Eagles Dare" and I knew that wasnt a Misfits album.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12655
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Silent Majority » 06 Nov 2017, 7:26pm

I got 15/20 and I'm real comfortable with missing the fucking Eagles, Deep Purple, Mariah, and Live. I missed Sabbath and I shouldn't have.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71596
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Nov 2017, 7:33pm

revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:16pm
revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:13pm
15/20, my knowledge of 80s metal is fairly good. Mine were in a list so no upper right etc. Didnt get Adelle, Eagles, Eminem, Live nor Mariah Carrey so Ill say thats quite nearly perfect.
Swap Eminem for Maiden and that was my result.
I know two bands who recorded a song "Where Eagles Dare" and I knew that wasnt a Misfits album.
I guessed Misfits then blanked. The Trooper is what I should have paid attention to.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15479
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by JennyB » 07 Nov 2017, 11:30am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:33pm
revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:16pm
revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 7:13pm
15/20, my knowledge of 80s metal is fairly good. Mine were in a list so no upper right etc. Didnt get Adelle, Eagles, Eminem, Live nor Mariah Carrey so Ill say thats quite nearly perfect.
Swap Eminem for Maiden and that was my result.
I know two bands who recorded a song "Where Eagles Dare" and I knew that wasnt a Misfits album.
I guessed Misfits then blanked. The Trooper is what I should have paid attention to.
Same - I missed that and Sabbath.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BostonBeaneater and 13 guests