Sidney Vicious

General music discussion.
white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Sidney Vicious

Post by white man »

Apparently there has been a significant find of video footage. The lad writing his biography has seen it.That's all i know. Does anyone have any idea what it could be

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Sidney Vicious

Post by Kory »

white man wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 8:52am
Apparently there has been a significant find of video footage. The lad writing his biography has seen it.That's all i know. Does anyone have any idea what it could be
More footage of him continually nodding out and almost setting his bed on fire?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I doubt it is the family holiday in Brighton.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyone ever read David Dalton's El Sid? A very stupid biography but entertainingly so, framing Sid as the true essence of punk and the Pistols. I should give that one another spin one of these days.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 2:20pm
Anyone ever read David Dalton's El Sid? A very stupid biography but entertainingly so, framing Sid as the true essence of punk and the Pistols. I should give that one another spin one of these days.
It's been sitting on the shelf of my local used bookshop for years now, and I kind of want to read it, but they have much better stuff there for me to pick up.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 2:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 2:20pm
It's been sitting on the shelf of my local used bookshop for years now, and I kind of want to read it, but they have much better stuff there for me to pick up.
Spend no more than $2 of $5 store credit on it. It's amusing and, I guess, somewhat clever in concept, but it is basically idiotic.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 3:04pm
amusing... somewhat clever... basically idiotic.
Slap that on my tombstone when I die.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 3:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll pay for the basically idiotic part. If anyone wants to chip in for the rest, fine, otherwise that's all you get, chum(p).

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 3:13pm
Flex wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 3:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll pay for the basically idiotic part. If anyone wants to chip in for the rest, fine, otherwise that's all you get, chum(p).
I will chuck some dough in. If you cange it to "basically robotic".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Update from the author.

I thought I'd drop an update in time for Christmas. And a hell of a lot has happened since the last one, let me tell you!

Last month, I finally changed the official title from "Vicious White Kid" to just "Sid". I know there are some who prefer the former, but I think it's too gratuitous and far from the image that I'm trying to present. It's short, sweet, simple to remember, and wholly definitive.

As I make my way through the second half, the more I have come to realise that this is going to be the biggest punk rock funeral pyre on paper. Having written and produced "Sad Vacation" with Danny Garcia in 2016, I no longer fear the period of his troublesome last days and have the tools to get it done right. In fact, I conducted a couple of new interviews in preparation, including a resident of the Chelsea Hotel at the time of Nancy's death. As a result, I have insight into some previously unreported stuff which borders on revelatory.

Through this particular avenue, additional information (and possible lines of enquiry) have opened up regarding Sid's own death, and it appears that I'm onto a bit of a breakthrough. For this reason, I decided to reach out to the woman he was dating at the time. Contact was successfully made but I'm not at liberty to discuss anything just yet.

In recent weeks, I have uncovered even more stories from Nancy's 1976 NYC years, some new Flowers of Romance stuff, and an interesting account from a journalist who met Sid in Norway during the Sex Pistols' Scandinavian tour. While it is mildly bothersome to revisit earlier chapters, I'm glad all this amazing information still reaches me and that I'm able to cram it in.

One of the most frequent questions I'm asked is whether any unseen photography will be included. I do admit that I have assorted bits and pieces but it's not really my call. I'll no doubt try when the time comes, though. There will be some original photography and art in there because I think Sid would want it to be original. The idea I have in mind for the cover is quite fitting, and test shots with a talented photographer friend have proven the concept doable.

Is there anything else? Actually, yes. Myself and three-time Sid biographer Alan Parker are hoping to bring you a double-bill screening of "Who Killed Nancy" and "Sad Vacation", along with filmmaker Q&A's, in London sometime early next year. If this comes to fruition, you will be the first to know when tickets are available. And there is a little matter about newly-discovered footage but the finer details are not exclusively mine to share with you. Rest assured, it will arrive eventually.

I will mostly be spending this winter hibernating and no doubt overdoing it on cake and alcohol. While I'm not much of a Christmassy guy, I wish all of you the happiest of holidays. 2018 will be an important year for "Sid", and one that will bring you closer to owning it. See you next year!

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Looking forward to this thanks.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Jun 2020, 9:36pm
As much as i think Sid was a dickhead, the live footage should be worth it alone. They obviously have a full gigs worth but looks as though it will be intercut.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

white man wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 1:29am
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jun 2020, 9:36pm
As much as i think Sid was a dickhead, the live footage should be worth it alone. They obviously have a full gigs worth but looks as though it will be intercut.
I have a soft spot for Sid always have it goes back to the dAyr when I was a kid and he wasn’t much older.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Seems as though all this turned into a twenty minute damp squib