Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Post by tepista »

Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:I haven't seen this one since I was a kid, but I recall really liking the one where the guy makes a deal with the devil for immortality, but then winds up with a life sentence because of a crime of passion.
That's a goodie. I watched Sebastian Cabot play a I-was-the-Devil-all-along! in last night's one, with a petty crim getting everything he wanted and then getting bored with it, then having to endure it forever.
Poor me, I get an eternity of hookers and booze and not having to work, i should have been one of those guys who hates hot coals poked in to my eyeballs.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:I haven't seen this one since I was a kid, but I recall really liking the one where the guy makes a deal with the devil for immortality, but then winds up with a life sentence because of a crime of passion.
That's a goodie. I watched Sebastian Cabot play a I-was-the-Devil-all-along! in last night's one, with a petty crim getting everything he wanted and then getting bored with it, then having to endure it forever.
Poor me, I get an eternity of hookers and booze and not having to work, i should have been one of those guys who hates hot coals poked in to my eyeballs.
I think it was Dave Barry who said that getting a newspaper column was like marrying a nymphomaniac. At first, it's a dream come true and nonstop pleasure, but after awhile it just becomes a lot of work.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I think it was Dave Barry who said that getting a newspaper column was like marrying a nymphomaniac. At first, it's a dream come true and nonstop pleasure, but after awhile it just becomes a lot of work.
The nympho might be fucking some other dudes too. He might be cool with that though, depends on the individual.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
The nympho might be fucking some other dudes too. He might be cool with that though, depends on the individual.
He's been married like 4 times, so...
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Time travelling episode where Dana Andrews, after failing to kill Hitler or save Hiroshima, goes back to 1881 to escape 20th century anxiety. What's funny is that he gets in an argument with a guy about the horrors of war, but this is within a generation of the traumas of the Civil War, and there were few people who were actively seeking more American military adventures because of it. Andrews actually isn't as much of a man out of time on that score. Oh well, don't try to change history, kids.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Oh well, don't try to change history, kids.
Don't you tell me what to do.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Go clean your room!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Go clean your room!
...and hurry up!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mirror Image is on right now, one of my favourites that isn't one of those recognizable classics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Im ... ight_Zone)

It has such a wonderful and relatable set-up, of being confused about the location of your suitcase or thinking you see someone you recognize, then turns beautifully and mischievously dark.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2017, 2:12pm
Mirror Image is on right now, one of my favourites that isn't one of those recognizable classics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Im ... ight_Zone)

It has such a wonderful and relatable set-up, of being confused about the location of your suitcase or thinking you see someone you recognize, then turns beautifully and mischievously dark.
Interesting. I did a TZ runthrough some years back (probably narrated in this thread), and I don't recall this episode at all. Which is funny, since the premise sounds great and I remember the preceding and (obviously) the following episodes. TZ may be due a rewatch from me soon.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
19 Sep 2017, 3:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2017, 2:12pm

Interesting. I did a TZ runthrough some years back (probably narrated in this thread), and I don't recall this episode at all. Which is funny, since the premise sounds great and I remember the preceding and (obviously) the following episodes. TZ may be due a rewatch from me soon.
Yeah thats a good one, havent seen it in forever.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

This reminds me, I should really watch Get Out.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Inder wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 6:01pm

This reminds me, I should really watch Get Out.
How many times have rhey tried a TZ reboot? I hope this one is worthy of the name.

I foind this a bit more intriguing:
Peele is also developing a series about vigilante Nazi hunters in the 1970s, but that show does not yet have a network attached.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 6:12pm
How many times have rhey tried a TZ reboot? I hope this one is worthy of the name.
Yeah, the one from the 80s was pretty dreary. However, I think Black Mirror has established a contemporary template for the anthology series. Plus, we're living in intensely socially anxious times. If you can't make hay with a TZ reboot, the fault is with the producers.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

I really wanted to like the 1980's Twilight Zone revival, but it just wasn't very good. The format was more like Night Gallery and the episodes were just not memorable (There were some exceptions).
The revival in 2000 was a little better. I liked the new takes on classic episodes updated for the times. "Into The Light" with Samantha Mathis as a teacher who sees light above some students
which to her horror indicates they will soon die, was my favorite one from that series. The original was titled "The Purple Testament" and took place during WW2, that one had Dick York.
There was also an update of "Its A Good Life" with Bill Mummy reprising his role but as an adult.