Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

General music discussion.
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton » 02 Nov 2017, 11:21pm

muppet hi fi wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:58pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:05pm
Never thought I would say, I wish it was 10 Pole Tudor week!!!!
Shutups. Just cuz you live on the other side of the world and therefore in the future is no reason to not to not get into some cool music from the past. :shifty:
Haha I am sure there was some irony in that post 😊

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4207
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by muppet hi fi » 02 Nov 2017, 11:32pm

101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:21pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:58pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:05pm
Never thought I would say, I wish it was 10 Pole Tudor week!!!!
Shutups. Just cuz you live on the other side of the world and therefore in the future is no reason to not to not get into some cool music from the past. :shifty:
Haha I am sure there was some irony in that post 😊
You are correct. And there was some truth there as well. As well as some dumb-assery. :twitch:

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Nov 2017, 11:35pm

muppet hi fi wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:32pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:21pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:58pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:05pm
Never thought I would say, I wish it was 10 Pole Tudor week!!!!
Shutups. Just cuz you live on the other side of the world and therefore in the future is no reason to not to not get into some cool music from the past. :shifty:
Haha I am sure there was some irony in that post 😊
You are correct. And there was some truth there as well. As well as some dumb-assery. :twitch:
He's too busy listening to Who Killed Bambi.
Image
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton » 02 Nov 2017, 11:49pm

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:35pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:32pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:21pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:58pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:05pm
Never thought I would say, I wish it was 10 Pole Tudor week!!!!
Shutups. Just cuz you live on the other side of the world and therefore in the future is no reason to not to not get into some cool music from the past. :shifty:
Haha I am sure there was some irony in that post 😊
You are correct. And there was some truth there as well. As well as some dumb-assery. :twitch:
He's too busy listening to Who Killed Bambi.
😫

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Nov 2017, 11:58pm

:mrgreen:
101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:35pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:32pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 11:21pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:58pm

Shutups. Just cuz you live on the other side of the world and therefore in the future is no reason to not to not get into some cool music from the past. :shifty:
Haha I am sure there was some irony in that post 😊
You are correct. And there was some truth there as well. As well as some dumb-assery. :twitch:
He's too busy listening to Who Killed Bambi.
😫
:mrgreen:
Image
Image

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1163
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Low Down Low » 03 Nov 2017, 8:54am

Heston wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:27pm
Spanish Stroll is excellent but never heard anything else. Will check Muppet and Marky's picks.
I knew I knew one MDV song but couldnt for the life of me think of what it was, will check out some more.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by JennyB » 03 Nov 2017, 9:11am

Low Down Low wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 8:54am
Heston wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:27pm
Spanish Stroll is excellent but never heard anything else. Will check Muppet and Marky's picks.
I knew I knew one MDV song but couldnt for the life of me think of what it was, will check out some more.
Same!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4537
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by daredevil » 03 Nov 2017, 10:34am

JennyB wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 9:11am
Low Down Low wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 8:54am
Heston wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:27pm
Spanish Stroll is excellent but never heard anything else. Will check Muppet and Marky's picks.
I knew I knew one MDV song but couldnt for the life of me think of what it was, will check out some more.
Same!
X2
Venus of Avenue D got a lot of airplay on a local radio station.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4207
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by muppet hi fi » 03 Nov 2017, 6:55pm

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:11pm
Okay tough one :

1. This Must Be the Night
2. Spanish Stroll
5. Gunslinger
4. In the Heart of the City
5. Cadillac Walk
Can't remember which album this is from. A Willy solo album?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread » 03 Nov 2017, 8:03pm

muppet hi fi wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 6:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:11pm
Okay tough one :

1. This Must Be the Night
2. Spanish Stroll
5. Gunslinger
4. In the Heart of the City
5. Cadillac Walk
Can't remember which album this is from. A Willy solo album?
Sportin' Life 1985.
Attachments
booklet 01.jpg
booklet 01.jpg (793.96 KiB) Viewed 95 times
back.jpg
back.jpg (564.19 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Image
Image

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4207
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by muppet hi fi » 03 Nov 2017, 8:37pm

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 8:03pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 6:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:11pm
Okay tough one :

1. This Must Be the Night
2. Spanish Stroll
5. Gunslinger
4. In the Heart of the City
5. Cadillac Walk
Can't remember which album this is from. A Willy solo album?
Sportin' Life 1985.
Oh yeah. That was the album where he started to lose me; dreadful cliched '80s production. Still, when the man sang a song, it stayed sung. Fortunately he had a great comeback/rebirth after moving to New Orleans at the end of the '80s with 'Victory Mixture' and 'Backstreets of Desire'.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread » 03 Nov 2017, 8:51pm

muppet hi fi wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 8:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 8:03pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 6:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 9:11pm
Okay tough one :

1. This Must Be the Night
2. Spanish Stroll
5. Gunslinger
4. In the Heart of the City
5. Cadillac Walk
Can't remember which album this is from. A Willy solo album?
Sportin' Life 1985.
Oh yeah. That was the album where he started to lose me; dreadful cliched '80s production. Still, when the man sang a song, it stayed sung. Fortunately he had a great comeback/rebirth after moving to New Orleans at the end of the '80s with 'Victory Mixture' and 'Backstreets of Desire'.
I only really dig "In the Heart of the City" from that album and think it's great.
Image
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Nov 2017, 4:56pm

Ash Top 5
Image

1. Girl From Mars
2. Angel Interceptor
3. Goldfinger
4. 5am Eternal
5. Kung Fu
Image
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5279
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by revbob » 09 Nov 2017, 5:35pm

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 4:56pm
Ash Top 5
Image

1. Girl From Mars
2. Angel Interceptor
3. Goldfinger
4. 5am Eternal
5. Kung Fu
I remember back in my radio days I gave these guys a listen but mothing grabbed me.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Nov 2017, 6:00pm

revbob wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 5:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 4:56pm
Ash Top 5
Image

1. Girl From Mars
2. Angel Interceptor
3. Goldfinger
4. 5am Eternal
5. Kung Fu
I remember back in my radio days I gave these guys a listen but mothing grabbed me.
The first album "1977" is great. I mean any album called "1977" and opens with the sound of a TIE fighter has to be, right?
Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests