Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 3:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 2:52pm
101Walterton wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 2:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 6:22am
Wolter wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 10:49pm

I’ve done very similar puzzles, mostly apps from Conceptis like Fill-a-pix and pic-a-pix. And yeah. Very addictive.
I took a quick peak at a fill-a-pix puzzle. Seems more complex than a nonogram, but, definitely, a similar concept.
Yes but do you keep your clothes on?
Um, yes? (I'm missing a joke here, aren't I?)
It's bound to involve sheep so don't ask.
Sheep and water draining against the laws of god and man.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 8:52pm
Anyone here do nonogram puzzles? Since getting an iPad app of them, I've become seriously addicted, doing at least a dozen a day. It's about solving the location of marked off squares on a grid where your only clue is how many of those squares are in each row and column (Google it). Similar in concept to Sudoku in that solving smaller aspects of the puzzle adds information, but the whole experience is very relaxing and satisfying as the solution emerges.
I’ve done very similar puzzles, mostly apps from Conceptis like Fill-a-pix and pic-a-pix. And yeah. Very addictive.
I took a quick peak at a fill-a-pix puzzle. Seems more complex than a nonogram, but, definitely, a similar concept.
Not a good one, it went tits up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 3:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Don't feel bad—I've wrecked many a joke by being thick as a brick. :disshame:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 3:13pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've scanned the thread and it appears I am the only one who can see through the joke!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 3:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

I've scanned the thread and it appears I am the only one who can see through the joke!
Hey Mr. Mammogram making up his own jokes now.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Anyone here do nonogram puzzles? Since getting an iPad app of them, I've become seriously addicted, doing at least a dozen a day. It's about solving the location of marked off squares on a grid where your only clue is how many of those squares are in each row and column (Google it). Similar in concept to Sudoku in that solving smaller aspects of the puzzle adds information, but the whole experience is very relaxing and satisfying as the solution emerges.
I think of fill-a-pix as kind of a minesweeper in reverse, but without the permadeath if you fuck up.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 3:29pm
101Walterton wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 3:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hey Mr. Mammogram making up his own jokes now.
Keep your Nono in your pants mate!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think of fill-a-pix as kind of a minesweeper in reverse, but without the permadeath if you fuck up.
I know of Minesweeper, but never actually played it (I've always been a Mac guy). Do fill-a-pix puzzles demand reconsider of the overall puzzle when you solve one little aspect, or is it more sequential in approach. That's what I find gives nonograms their happy juice—being confronted with what seems like a dead end (short of guessing) and then finding that one spot where there is only one answer, then that revelation alters the possibilities for other parts of the grid, so that, eventually, the only solution becomes apparent. It's that forced reconsideration of what seemed confounding after changing one little bit of information—I love that so much.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 3:41pm
Wolter wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I know of Minesweeper, but never actually played it (I've always been a Mac guy). Do fill-a-pix puzzles demand reconsider of the overall puzzle when you solve one little aspect, or is it more sequential in approach. That's what I find gives nonograms their happy juice—being confronted with what seems like a dead end (short of guessing) and then finding that one spot where there is only one answer, then that revelation alters the possibilities for other parts of the grid, so that, eventually, the only solution becomes apparent. It's that forced reconsideration of what seemed confounding after changing one little bit of information—I love that so much.
Definitely. Lots of times exactly that happens.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Microsoft really screwed up this month's "Patch Tuesday" updates to hell. :hmm:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 11:15am
This is delightful: http://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/10/grace- ... -premiere/
Grace Jones is right. :lol:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

An observation: a lack of work ethic may very well save your life one day.

My best friend of almost 30 years left work two hours early because his work sucks and he wanted to go to the yarn store. The car/shooter (yet to be determined if shots were fired) struck right in front of his office building in NY. Thankfully, he was safely ensconced at Purl Soho getting yarn for his new granny blanket project.

LEARN FROM HIS LAZINESS.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 4:52pm

My best friend of almost 30 years left work two hours early because his work sucks and he wanted to go to the yarn store. The car/shooter (yet to be determined if shots were fired) struck right in front of his office building in NY. Thankfully, he was safely ensconced at Purl Soho getting yarn for his new granny blanket project.

LEARN FROM HIS LAZINESS.
Jesus protects in mysterious ways. :scared:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 4:56pm
JennyB wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 4:52pm

LEARN FROM HIS LAZINESS.
Jesus protects in mysterious ways. :scared:
I also left work early yesterday. I also was not harmed. Coincidence? Draw your own conclusions.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc