MLB 2017

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Inder »

WHAT A GAME

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Baseball is good and attractive and it is my friend.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 12:39am
Baseball is good and attractive and it is my friend.
Baseball is good but these teams will give you herpes.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So I'm guessing both teams will be making their bullpens hitchhike to Houston. Sorry, but airplanes are for guys who don't shit themselves on the mound.

edit: Wow, that game had the most extra-inning homers of any MLB game ever, and the most extra-inning homers of any WS series ever.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 6:29am
edit: Wow, that game had the most extra-inning homers of any MLB game ever, and the most extra-inning homers of any WS series ever.
And it only went to 11 innings. Yeesh.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Holy stink, Girardi not coming back next year: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2116 ... rk-yankees

Ten years is a long time to manage a club, but still, after doing a pretty damned good job dealing with teams that often had lots of guys on the wrong side of their prime years, not being part of a team that has tons of young guys emerging is surprising.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

That's a real head scratcher. Friction with management/ownership, maybe?

The Yankees were really good this year, but they were also overachieving, given most projections. Girardi probably had something to do with that.

Who could they possibly have lined up as a replacement?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

So, of the six non-WS postseason teams, three have fired their manager. 🤔🤔🤔

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

That was on of the most exciting games i've ever seen, and former Angel Cameron Maybin was the hero. All Hail Maybin.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Steinbrenners, seeking to reignite the good ol' days of the Yankees-Red Sox feud, swoop in and grab Farrell …

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 1:34pm

Well, after all these years, without a doubt the Yankees are Cashman's team.

Rats about Butter leaving. Love that guy. But he was a Farrell guy so it makes sense that he's packing his bags.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I wonder if the Cubs would have fired both their hitting and pitching coaches if they had done even slightly better offensively or in the bullpen in the postseason this year. Oh well. I wasn't attached to either.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Cubs, the Red Sox, and the Racist Logos are developing a really incestuous relationship in swapping non-player personnel. We're going to see some serious jug-eared, seven-fingered freaks emerging in a few years.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Im kind of shocked by the Girardi firing. Ive had my issues with him but overall hes obviously done an excellent job overall.

Is this an opening for Mattingly??