The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35465
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Marky Dread » 25 Oct 2016, 7:21pm

Flex wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:I don't know what LSUG is but it sounds like something good.
Little Steven's Underground Garage, on satellite radio.
Ah yes that guy does have some cool taste. :approve:
Image
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by JennyB » 25 Oct 2016, 11:01pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:I don't know what LSUG is but it sounds like something good.
Little Steven's Underground Garage, on satellite radio.
Ah yes that guy does have some cool taste. :approve:
But God, he doesn't shut up.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12603
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Silent Majority » 03 Nov 2016, 9:18am

Suzy Is a Headbanger, one of my top Ramones songs. Listening to the version on It's Alive.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35465
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Marky Dread » 03 Nov 2016, 9:26am

The KKK Took My Baby Away.
Image
Image

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 481
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by coffeepotman » 07 Jun 2017, 7:36pm

I'm thinking about the the new Super Deluxe remixed Ramones Leave Home which is coming out in July. Too bad they didn't do a Mono mix like they did for the first lp. I'm not sure what they can do to remix Leave Home to make it sound any better. https://store.ramones.com/products/leav ... xe-edition

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 481
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by coffeepotman » 09 Jun 2017, 11:54pm

So is anybody at least curious about this?

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Flex » 09 Jun 2017, 11:58pm

coffeepotman wrote:
09 Jun 2017, 11:54pm
So is anybody at least curious about this?
I might snag it. Leave Home is basically a perfect album, and I'll take any tidbits I can get. The first super deluxe was good enough to generate some goodwill for sure.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 481
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by coffeepotman » 10 Jun 2017, 12:07am

I can't see how remixing it will make it better but I'll def pick it up

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 481
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by coffeepotman » 25 Jul 2017, 3:01pm

I'm thinking about how great the remix of Leave Home is, I was pleasantly surprised! Now some people might say it's too loud but I really like it and doing an A-B test it blows away the original. Now to de-Spectorize End of the Century

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 481
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by coffeepotman » 20 Oct 2017, 7:17am

Now I'm think about how great this will be...
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2017/1 ... a-reissue/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35465
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Marky Dread » 20 Oct 2017, 7:36am

coffeepotman wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 7:17am
Now I'm think about how great this will be...
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2017/1 ... a-reissue/
:cool:
Image
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Flex » 09 Nov 2017, 1:26pm

Hate to say it, but Chain Saw popped up on the radio this morning and man oh man do songs about violence against women not hold up well in today's climate.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35465
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Nov 2017, 1:46pm

Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 1:26pm
Hate to say it, but Chain Saw popped up on the radio this morning and man oh man do songs about violence against women not hold up well in today's climate.
Whilst I agree that songs about violence to women are just plain wrong. Isn't Chain Saw just a forlorn love song where he is sad that he couldn't or can not save her from her fate at the hands of the killer because he's too wimpy or just doesn't have it in to be the hero?
Image
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Flex » 09 Nov 2017, 1:52pm

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 1:46pm
Whilst I agree that songs about violence to women are just plain wrong. Isn't Chain Saw just a forlorn love song where he is sad that he couldn't or can not save her from her fate at the hands of the killer because he's too wimpy or just doesn't have it in to be the hero?
The inflection points in the song are pretty off. I'd argue it sounds like it's fantasizing/glamorising what's happening to the woman being sung about. I get that it's rooted in horror movie pastiche (hell, I historically love that stuff) and the narrator of the song is ostensibly a helpless onlooker, but there's a luridness that doesn't play well right now, I reckon.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35465
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Nov 2017, 2:00pm

Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 1:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 1:46pm
Whilst I agree that songs about violence to women are just plain wrong. Isn't Chain Saw just a forlorn love song where he is sad that he couldn't or can not save her from her fate at the hands of the killer because he's too wimpy or just doesn't have it in to be the hero?
The inflection points in the song are pretty off. I'd argue it sounds like it's fantasizing/glamorising what's happening to the woman being sung about. I get that it's rooted in horror movie pastiche (hell, I historically love that stuff) and the narrator of the song is ostensibly a helpless onlooker, but there's a luridness that doesn't play well right now, I reckon.
So you are saying it's turning him on knowing that she will be killed and that's why he adds the "I don't care" part to the line. Surely that true horror movie stuff. I mean we all watch those movies hoping that whoever goes down to the basement will be killed.

My other thought is that he has fallen so in love with her but she has rejected him so he no longer cares what happens to her. He may well be the one who has taken her to the house of horrors. I see it all as tongue in cheek stuff.
Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests