Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:45pm
Mimi wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:32pm
Good on you. Diet is 90% of it, so *shakes finger* eat right, young man. What really helped me is developing an attitude of: reach for a green vegetable first, organic if possible. Except today. Today I'm eating like shit.
My problem is that I don't really like food. Or love it the way other people seem to. I have preferences, but I'm pretty ho-hum when you get right down to it. I could eat soup for a month straight without being bothered. My lunch is some yogurt. At least once a week I just have a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. It's simple, tastes okay, and it keeps alive until morning. My guess is that I have no passion for food because my mother was a horrible cook when I was a kid, so I was never all that eager for meals. Oh well, there are worse vices.
My mom was a fairly drab cook as well—how do you explain my international tastes?
Sautéed maggots and raw pine cones is international?

(I can't exaggerate how blah my mother's cooking was, tho I don't know how much blame goes to her. My father insisted on bland food. Boiled vegetables, unseasoned meat. Any crazy spices were salt and pepper on the kitchen table. Moving in with B taught me that all kinds of food could, y'know, excite the taste buds.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I can surf the web to my heart's content at work now. When I was 15, before we even got the internet at home, this would have blown my mind. Dad used to take me to the internet cafe and I'd read pages about Karloff and Lugosi, go on Strummernews, and feel connected. Now I just kind of think the web's terrible.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 6:10am
Now I just kind of think the web's terrible.
Back in the 90s, we were promised—assured—something much more edenic. I'm not sure even the naysayers predicted the morass of bigotry and outright fascism that has been encouraged and strengthened.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 6:22am
Silent Majority wrote:
Back in the 90s, we were promised—assured—something much more edenic. I'm not sure even the naysayers predicted the morass of bigotry and outright fascism that has been encouraged and strengthened.
America OnLine: Rascism but much faster

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 6:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 6:22am
Silent Majority wrote:
America OnLine: Rascism but much faster
You've got mail from your bigot uncle.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Silent Majority wrote:
I can surf the web to my heart's content at work now. When I was 15, before we even got the internet at home, this would have blown my mind. Dad used to take me to the internet cafe and I'd read pages about Karloff and Lugosi, go on Strummernews, and feel connected. Now I just kind of think the web's terrible.
Same. I've been pulling back from it for the past year. Maybe it's the political climate or the constant rage, but I'm bored with it, exhausted, too.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Mimi wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 9:02am
Silent Majority wrote:
Same. I've been pulling back from it for the past year. Maybe it's the political climate or the constant rage, but I'm bored with it, exhausted, too.
All of this, yeah. I'm just happier away from it.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyone here do nonogram puzzles? Since getting an iPad app of them, I've become seriously addicted, doing at least a dozen a day. It's about solving the location of marked off squares on a grid where your only clue is how many of those squares are in each row and column (Google it). Similar in concept to Sudoku in that solving smaller aspects of the puzzle adds information, but the whole experience is very relaxing and satisfying as the solution emerges.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 8:52pm
Anyone here do nonogram puzzles? Since getting an iPad app of them, I've become seriously addicted, doing at least a dozen a day. It's about solving the location of marked off squares on a grid where your only clue is how many of those squares are in each row and column (Google it). Similar in concept to Sudoku in that solving smaller aspects of the puzzle adds information, but the whole experience is very relaxing and satisfying as the solution emerges.
I’ve done very similar puzzles, mostly apps from Conceptis like Fill-a-pix and pic-a-pix. And yeah. Very addictive.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 10:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I’ve done very similar puzzles, mostly apps from Conceptis like Fill-a-pix and pic-a-pix. And yeah. Very addictive.
I took a quick peak at a fill-a-pix puzzle. Seems more complex than a nonogram, but, definitely, a similar concept.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 6:22am
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I took a quick peak at a fill-a-pix puzzle. Seems more complex than a nonogram, but, definitely, a similar concept.
Yes but do you keep your clothes on?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 2:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Fuck me you guys need to get out more.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Um, yes? (I'm missing a joke here, aren't I?)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 2:52pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Um, yes? (I'm missing a joke here, aren't I?)
It's bound to involve sheep so don't ask.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia