JennyB wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 9:13am
Kory wrote:
09 Oct 2017, 5:42pm
JennyB wrote:
09 Oct 2017, 4:55pm
Kory wrote:
09 Oct 2017, 4:37pm

It is for sure. I'm just saying that Seattle is pretty much the only thing that swings us blue in each election. I think that's going to change with the tech bro influx.
Gotcha!
I'm worried about where I'm going to live on that day. There's nothing else around here.
Do you think the tech bros will invade Seattle itself or will they gravitate toward the east side?
They've already been here for a few years. With Amazon firmly planting its base on the north side of downtown, most of the city is being razed to put up new overpriced condos (pushing anybody that doesn't make at least $80k/yr out of the city), and Capitol Hill (formerly the gay haven of the city) has become a hotbed of homophobic violence. Meanwhile, the city government is scrambling to convince Amazon to also station their second base here (they've been looking to have an equal presence in another city), acting like a jealous lover and forgetting that they have a major affordable housing issue that neither party is interested in addressing. Yes, Amazon is good for the city's economy, but not in the slightest for anyone who lived here before The Beast took hold. The whole place is getting fucked.
Yikes. St. Louis is pushing hard for the second base. It's never going to happen, but I keep saying be careful what you wish for. That is so sad about Capitol Hill. My friend Marcy (the woman who joined us for dinner) said as much the same. It was an iconic area for the LGBT community. That is terrible.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Pacifism has failed.

Post by Flex » 10 Oct 2017, 2:36pm

Denver/Colorado is also making a big push, it's gross. The one thing that may save us from ourselves is our terrible transportation infrastructure.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 10 Oct 2017, 2:38pm

Flex wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 2:36pm
Denver/Colorado is also making a big push, it's gross. The one thing that may save us from ourselves is our terrible transportation infrastructure.
STL's transportation structure makes Denver's look like a dream. Voters keep saying no to metrolink expansion because black people.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Don't talk shop.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory » 10 Oct 2017, 4:50pm

JennyB wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 2:38pm
Flex wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 2:36pm
STL's transportation structure makes Denver's look like a dream. Voters keep saying no to metrolink expansion because black people.
Ours is bad too, and it didn't stop them. I'll just say if either of your cities gets it, prepare for many homeless.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Oct 2017, 6:24pm

I could watch this over and over and over again. i guess the American SS doesn't teach fence-hopping skills. Master race, my ass.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 20 Oct 2017, 10:02am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 6:24pm
I could watch this over and over and over again. i guess the American SS doesn't teach fence-hopping skills. Master race, my ass.
That is absolutely mesmerizing. I love the people pointing at him afterward.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Don't talk shop.