IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35478
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Oct 2017, 3:43am

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 3:32am
Inder wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 10:00pm
Arthur Janov.
He lived up the block from us when I growing up. In fact, I just saw his son who I went to school with at the Ian Hunter show.
He seems a truly fascinating guy to me. That's a pretty decent age to live to as well. I hope his therapy helped plenty who needed it. I can't quite get my head around his idea that homosexuality was an ailment that could be cured though.

I first heard about him through Albert Glodman's book on Lennon (a book I didn't like much). I attempted to read 'The Primal Scream' but a lot of it was lost on my pea sized brain. Maybe I'll pick up another copy. I remember reading 'I'm OK – You're OK' by Thomas Anthony Harris around the same time and this made more sense to me.
Image
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6855
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by BostonBeaneater » 07 Oct 2017, 12:36am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 4:13pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 3:38pm
Tom Petty is in trouble, massive heart attack. This is a bad day all about.

He’s gone.


Image
I’m taking this one hard. It’s like I lost a friend I wish I knew better. My better half wrote this in homage: http://www.refinery29.com/2017/10/17485 ... rican-girl
Image

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14581
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by Rat Patrol » 08 Oct 2017, 12:28am

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/ct ... story.html

See, he was fat and that's the joke. :meh:
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6855
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by BostonBeaneater » 08 Oct 2017, 12:35am

Rat Patrol wrote:
08 Oct 2017, 12:28am
http://www.courant.com/entertainment/ct ... story.html

See, he was fat and that's the joke. :meh:
Refunds available at point of purchase.

Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by JennyB » 09 Oct 2017, 9:28am

I need to find it, but I read an interview the other day with Brooke Smith, the woman who played the kidnapping victim in Silence of the Lambs. I think many people, myself included, now associate "American Girl" with the scene where she is driving home. She spoke about how they made the decision to use that song and not a different one (which I am blanking on right now) and how she always felt a connection with Tom Petty after that, though they never met. She first suggested using a Bad Brains song. I'll look for it and post soon. It was an interesting read.

ETA: here it is https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/si ... 26e3f3ed5a
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by JennyB » 18 Oct 2017, 12:01pm

My condolences, Canada. Your Prime Minister seems to be taking this especially hard. I will be happy to comfort him (this is NOT a commentary on his politics. Just his looks).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/arts ... album.html
Last edited by JennyB on 18 Oct 2017, 12:14pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by eumaas » 18 Oct 2017, 12:08pm

JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:01pm
Your Prime Minister seems to be taking this really hard. I will be happy to comfort him (this is NOT a commentary on his politics. Just his looks).
I still think his dad is Castro, timeline be damned
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71191
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Oct 2017, 12:12pm

JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:01pm
My condolences, Canada. Your Prime Minister seems to be taking this really hard. I will be happy to comfort him (this is NOT a commentary on his politics. Just his looks).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/arts ... album.html
When he announced last year that his illness was terminal, the outpouring of grief here surprised the hell out of me. Everyone going on about how the Hip are Canada's unofficial official band. Really? I don't know anyone who loves them. But they were anointed as such. Okay, sure, whatever. GD was willing to trade on his celebrity to advocate for Aboriginal people, so good on him.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by JennyB » 18 Oct 2017, 12:15pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:12pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:01pm
My condolences, Canada. Your Prime Minister seems to be taking this really hard. I will be happy to comfort him (this is NOT a commentary on his politics. Just his looks).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/arts ... album.html
When he announced last year that his illness was terminal, the outpouring of grief here surprised the hell out of me. Everyone going on about how the Hip are Canada's unofficial official band. Really? I don't know anyone who loves them. But they were anointed as such. Okay, sure, whatever. GD was willing to trade on his celebrity to advocate for Aboriginal people, so good on him.
I know nothing about their music, but he seemed like a good guy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7406
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by Kory » 18 Oct 2017, 12:25pm

JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:12pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:01pm
My condolences, Canada. Your Prime Minister seems to be taking this really hard. I will be happy to comfort him (this is NOT a commentary on his politics. Just his looks).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/arts ... album.html
When he announced last year that his illness was terminal, the outpouring of grief here surprised the hell out of me. Everyone going on about how the Hip are Canada's unofficial official band. Really? I don't know anyone who loves them. But they were anointed as such. Okay, sure, whatever. GD was willing to trade on his celebrity to advocate for Aboriginal people, so good on him.
I know nothing about their music, but he seemed like a good guy.
I have a friend from BC who was pretty affected when the original news came out. I only knew them by name before that, but she turned out to be a pretty big fan.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71191
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Oct 2017, 12:26pm

JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:12pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:01pm
My condolences, Canada. Your Prime Minister seems to be taking this really hard. I will be happy to comfort him (this is NOT a commentary on his politics. Just his looks).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/arts ... album.html
When he announced last year that his illness was terminal, the outpouring of grief here surprised the hell out of me. Everyone going on about how the Hip are Canada's unofficial official band. Really? I don't know anyone who loves them. But they were anointed as such. Okay, sure, whatever. GD was willing to trade on his celebrity to advocate for Aboriginal people, so good on him.
I know nothing about their music, but he seemed like a good guy.
The music is pretty crappy. There's only one song of theirs that I thought was okay, "My Music at Work." They're still better than Rush.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by JennyB » 18 Oct 2017, 12:30pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:26pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:12pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:01pm
My condolences, Canada. Your Prime Minister seems to be taking this really hard. I will be happy to comfort him (this is NOT a commentary on his politics. Just his looks).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/arts ... album.html
When he announced last year that his illness was terminal, the outpouring of grief here surprised the hell out of me. Everyone going on about how the Hip are Canada's unofficial official band. Really? I don't know anyone who loves them. But they were anointed as such. Okay, sure, whatever. GD was willing to trade on his celebrity to advocate for Aboriginal people, so good on him.
I know nothing about their music, but he seemed like a good guy.
The music is pretty crappy. There's only one song of theirs that I thought was okay, "My Music at Work." They're still better than Rush.
That's a low bar, Doc.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71191
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Oct 2017, 12:33pm

JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:26pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:12pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:01pm
My condolences, Canada. Your Prime Minister seems to be taking this really hard. I will be happy to comfort him (this is NOT a commentary on his politics. Just his looks).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/arts ... album.html
When he announced last year that his illness was terminal, the outpouring of grief here surprised the hell out of me. Everyone going on about how the Hip are Canada's unofficial official band. Really? I don't know anyone who loves them. But they were anointed as such. Okay, sure, whatever. GD was willing to trade on his celebrity to advocate for Aboriginal people, so good on him.
I know nothing about their music, but he seemed like a good guy.
The music is pretty crappy. There's only one song of theirs that I thought was okay, "My Music at Work." They're still better than Rush.
That's a low bar, Doc.
I just meant that Rush is Canada's other prime candidate for official rock band. I'd support Loverboy over Rush! :yuck:
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by JennyB » 18 Oct 2017, 12:37pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:33pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:26pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:12pm


When he announced last year that his illness was terminal, the outpouring of grief here surprised the hell out of me. Everyone going on about how the Hip are Canada's unofficial official band. Really? I don't know anyone who loves them. But they were anointed as such. Okay, sure, whatever. GD was willing to trade on his celebrity to advocate for Aboriginal people, so good on him.
I know nothing about their music, but he seemed like a good guy.
The music is pretty crappy. There's only one song of theirs that I thought was okay, "My Music at Work." They're still better than Rush.
That's a low bar, Doc.
I just meant that Rush is Canada's other prime candidate for official rock band. I'd support Loverboy over Rush! :yuck:
That's a really low bar.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25038
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2017

Post by Flex » 18 Oct 2017, 12:38pm

Canada keeps trying to convince us that all its other stuff is better than Rush. To no avail.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests